1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mikemike, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    How is this cab, in your opinion? If I used it as a standalone, would I be able to compete with a drummer and guitarist? Could it easily handle the low notes of a 5-string? It has the foster tweeter, and is rated at 600 watts. Also, on an off note, would it be dangerous to run a single 8-ohm cab off of a 4-ohm head? (I know that I shouldn't, but could I get away with it safely for a few months?)

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Running an 8 ohm cab from a head that will handle a 4 ohm load is not a bad thing at all; it isn't relevant. It's running a 4 ohm cab off an amp that is designed for an 8 ohm load that's bad (assuming solid state power amps).

Avatar cabs are a good buy for the money. The nice thing about a single 8 ohm 1x12 is that if it doesn't do enough of something, you can always add on another 8 ohm cab of a different sort for more of what you want. Whether it gets loud enough or handles low B well enough is completely subjective.