Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Heavy_E, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    I am looking at buying an Avatar SB112...

My question is, "will the SB112 really handle the Low B on my Lakland 55-02?" I play mostly Praise and Worship, some Alt.Rock, Dave Matthews Band style music.

I want to put it with a B210. Is that a good match.

Thanks for the help...

Heavy_E

2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Match well with the 210? Yes... it most certainly should. Handle the Low B? I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it will probably do just fine... and it'll surely help out those 10's. Although some of it depends on your amp and its power. Obviously a 15 would be ideal for a Fiver... but it might overtake the 210. Still, I think the 12 would be fine.

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I also play praise and worship. I owned 2 of the SB112's and used them with a Mesa M-Pulse 600 and they handled the low B great. One cabinet by itself was borderline at medium volumes. One SB112 with a 2-10 cabinet should easily handle the low B and will probably sound better than 2 SB112 cabinets. This is assuming that you're using a descent amp (300-500 watts RMS).

4. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    Cool...

I will be pushing them with and Ampeg B-2R. 350 watts at 4 Ohms. I ordered them Monday. Dave is a true class act. He anwsered my questions and gave me some insight on what to expect.

The thing that sold me was the portability of the rig. The last thing I want to carry is 200 lbs of gear everytime my band plays.

I will let you know how they sound once they arrive.

5. bennettsteve

bennettsteve Guest

Dec 14, 2002
    I think you'll like this cab. I have one (a CB112, the previous model which is essentially the same), and I use it by itself for smaller rooms with both 4 and 5-stringers. It sounds deep and full, and handles the low notes with no trouble. Dave recommended the 12 over the 2x10 as a standalone for a 5-string. I bought a compact 15 to mate with the 12 for bigger venues, and I'm very happy with it. I'm sure the 2x10 and 12 will also be a fine rig.