Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Unchain, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I just ordered an Avatar B212 with an Ashdown MAG300H, and it got here fast, but I opened the box and to my displeasure, sits and Avatar SB112. It sounds great but I'm kinda p*ssed! I mean, I saved so long for this, now I need to get more money to send it back so that I can get my 2x12. Ah...oh well. :bawl:

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Did you order an SB212? Call Dave, if he screwed up I'm sure he will get you the item you ordered.

3. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE

Errors happen. Aren't you quite close to avatar?

4. Tash is right. You're not going to find a better person to deal with when something is wrong. Give him a call and he will take care of it!

5. +1
    We're lucky to have people like Dave out there to do business with...

Mag...

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

What they said! Dave's a great guy to deal with. Give him a call, and I'm sure he'll make it right. And quickly.

dcr

7. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Or you might find a 1X12 is all you need. Works for me.

8. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Not if it was their error. If they sent the wrong item, I have no doubt they will pick up the return shipping.

Like others have said, get in touch with Dave.

9. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Demand the 2x12 free of charge.

10. Geez, it was an error. Call and get it remedied. Don't get pissed off and do a semi-slag post about it. Does the packing slip say the correct product you ordered? If so, their error, and they'll make good on it. I don't see a problem here. Not to mention there is a price difference. Did you get charged the full amount? These are things you haven't addressed.

Mon

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    What Mon said.

12. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    haha, you're such a dick.....its awesome

13. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I think it's a bit premature to start a thread about a mishap if you haven't even called Dave yet. He will sort it out, believe us.

14. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    Yep, I had a similar situation. I ordered a 2x10 Delta and one of the speakers were defective. I called Dave and told him and actually decided that I'd rather have the Pro instead. Dave is an AWESOME person to deal with. Customer service is top notch. He told me no problem and had sent FedEx to my house to pick up the Delta cab (paid by Avatar, of course) and I received the Pro a couple of days later. The Pro is a Kick Ass cab.

15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    From everything that has been said about Dave here, I am sure that he will make it all right. Mistakes happen.

16. I just recently acquired a 2x10 Kappa Pro (which I am VERY happy with).... when it arrived, the speakon jack did not work at all. And my Kustom Groove Bass head ONLY has speakon jacks. I called them about this & had a replacement here in a day or two, and the 1st cab was picked up free of charge. Picked up, not me taking it UPS -- UPS came to me to get it.

Call em - they will square up very easily, and politely.

;)

17. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Same here, and I'm sorry if I sounded rude. I called Dave, who is a wonderful guy. He's shipping my 2x12 Monday, and UPS is going to pickup my other cab. :D