Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassfive, Aug 21, 2002.

1. bassfive

bassfive

May 15, 2002
    Tampa Bay area
    Just wanted to share my letter to Dave at Avatar for his fine and affordable Speaker cabinets..
    No he did not pay me to say this..
    www.avatarspeakers.com

Just wanted to drop you a quick line of thanks for the Compact 15 and 12 cabs. I have been searching for quite some time for a compact yet usable rig. These two cabs running from my Hartke 5000 in the biamp mode (crossed over at about 80Hz) are just amazing. I keep looking back at my rig in disbelief , that all that sound is coming from just two little boxes.
    The bottom is very strong but not boomy. The mids and highs are clean even at higher levels. This past weekend I had a bassplayer sit in so I could see how it sounded out in the club. It carried quite nicely even at 40ft back! All of my musician friends who came in kept staring at these two small cabs. They did not believe that I was not patched into the main PA.
    Oh well, sorry to drag on but in a word "THANKS"
    Sincerely,
    Brian

2. Maybe you could persuade him to put the Kappa 15LF into his B115 instead of the Kappa 15. The "LF" is a perfect match for the cabinet size he is using. Both the tuning frequency and F3 are 39 Hz.

The straight Kappa 15 is designed for a smaller box and higher tuning.

3. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    that's great. I'm planning on getting the little 15 cabinet myself. Glad to hear that they sound really good. :D

4. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    hey i was just wondering if all of these avatar products are what they are cracked up to be? and also if the 2x15 guitar cab could work for a bass cab. thanx

5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    That 2x15 guitar cab is designed for guitarists who want more low end in their stack. Getting two 1x15 cabs would be a better idea for bass if you go the Avatar route.

6. The small 15 cab is too small.

Dave will do custom configurations if you order directly from him. Check into the B115 with the Kappa 15LF instead of the Kappa 15.

7. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    thanx i think ill do that. but i mean hey if im gonna get 2 cabs i might as well go for a 4x10 and a 115 with the kappa15lf no?:D

8. highly recommend the B410... i just got the 4 ohm version it does the job very well...:cool: