Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avatar Thread #1,934,283...squared. (And my first experience!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tbader, Jul 19, 2005.

1. tbader

tbader

Jun 29, 2005
    Yeah, I know there have been a few posts on this subject, but I ordered my B215neo last tuesday around 2 or 3 pm Dave's time, and it arrived here in Indiana first thing monday morning.

So, what was it like receiving new gear before work? Terrible. I opened it up, checked it over. PERFECT. All I could think about all day was hookin' that badboy up to my rig.

So after 4 years of work that day (it seemed like it), I went home, grabbed the cabinet and took it to the rehearsal area. God, I was so excited. I set my Ampeg 4x10 (8 ohm) on top of it, and then the B2R.

But then, I had one minor problem. SPEAKER CABLE. So I had to move my guitar player's Marshall full stack out of the way CAREFULLY (he's very termeramental about his gear) to get to the closet, and then I had to hunt through it to find my speaker cables. SUCCESS!

So then I grabbed the cable and then moved back my guitar player's amp CAREFULLY (he's very temeramental about his gear) and stood there. I forgot to shut off the closet light. Rats.

Ok, so after another 5 minutes of trying to make my guitar player's rig look undisturbed, I had my speaker cable.

I hooked it up. Plugged in my bass. Turned it on. Hmm, no power. So I had to get behind my other guitar player's Carvin Legacy full stack this time to get to the surge protecter. You have no idea how high my blood pressure was from just wanting to try out this stupid cab.

Then, I flipped on the switch. FINALLY, it works. It was flippin' loud though, because I forgot to turn down the volume. Yeah, I've only been running with one 8 ohm 4x10 for a while now, because I was GAS'ing a TRB-4p. So I sold my Ampeg 1x15 8 ohm cab.

Let me tell you, everything everyone has said about Avatar is dead on. Just an absolute great sound at an unbeatable price. I compared the two cabs, and not only did the 239 dollar B215neo KILL the 399 dollar Ampeg 1x15 cab I previously owned, but it also sounded much better than my 4x10.

Needless to say, I'm GAS'ing the 4x10 Kappa Pro to replace my Ampeg, which cost a lot more, and left me ultimately disappointed.

Thanks to Dave at Avatar for giving us poor musicians a chance to pay bills and have a killer rig too. Thanks to TB for swearing by these cabs and making my GAS so bad that I just coughed up the cash for one.

The GAS still hasn't gone away either. :help:

2. Wrong forum there kiddo.

3. tbader

tbader

Jun 29, 2005
    Yeah, I realized that after I posted. *cough*juniormoderator*cough*

KIDDO.

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Good for you on your purchase (and patience)...but this is in the wrong Forum, so the mods'll move it for ya to Amps.

Avatars are great cabs......I'm still gassin' for the 212 NEO!

5. tbader

tbader

Jun 29, 2005
    Ya don't say? :p

Sorry, I've only started posting at this forum recently, but I've read for a while.

Yeah, sorry for being a n00b. :rollno:

:)

6. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Apparently, Brian and I submitted @ the same time

7. tbader

tbader

Jun 29, 2005
    Yeah, no problem. Actually, this forum in particular is the one I have set in my bookmarks, and I didn't really give it any thought that I was posting an AMP (!) related item in the BASS section.

:oops: :ninja:

8. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    My 212 Neo is on a FedEx vehicle for delivery to my home today! Think I might be having a hard time concentrating at work?

9. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    :eek: :eek: :eek: THEY'RE READY??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMIGOD!!!....where's my credit card???

Thanks for the info...I've been waiting since late April for this cab!!!

10. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Nah, sounds like you're spending some quality time working right here on TalkBass! :D

11. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Delivered at 2:06 p.m., a mere 30 min. ago. I think I'm not feeling very well. **cough, cough** Guess I should probably head home.

12. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    awwwww....I guess you'd better curl up with something hot and boomy, er I mean soothing :smug:

13. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Well, I just spent about 45 min. with my new cab, and now I can't wait to get to my next rehearsal so I can crank it up. It seems to be extra fine - and that's at no more than half volume (so as not to shake pictures off the wall, etc.).