Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndrewShirley, Oct 25, 2005.

1. I just ordered my B410 Kappa Pro from Steamco - Canadian distributor for Avatar. While ordering, Brent and I were talking about the Xover design on these boxes and he mentioned to me that they have been using a new, improved design over the last months. Can anyone comment on the new cabinet's Xover design? Is it the 12dB as shown on Avatar's site or a similar one to the 24dB one Gary (LoveThatBass) has popularized on this board.

- Andrew
  2. It's the 12db one. I ordered a 4 ohm unit from Dave and installed it in my 2x15 box along with a Foster tweeter from Avatar also.
    It's a decent sounding x-over. I never tried the previous model, but I get a nice sound out of my box now. The upper-end of the woofer stage is padded down a bit, and this really helps with a squawky hi-mid sound I was getting out my woofers. The tweeter sounds clear and natural, and doesn't hiss unless I take the tweeter level control up to about 75% or so..

3. Thank you. I'm just waiting to hear back from Gary (LoveThatBass) about the cost and availability of the Xover he built back in the spring. He's was already gracious enough to send me a parts list and schematics! I think after all the work I would feel guilty about not sending some money his way :)

- Andrew