Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by justaroundkid45, Nov 16, 2004.

1. are these avatar cabs really as nice as they are made out to be i hear really god things about them but im skeptical,
    anyone?

2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    trust me they are really good

i played it a B210 700W rating
    with a Ampeg SVT4-Pro mono-bridged!!

it rocks!!

3. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    i have to admit the B210 is only tune to 65Hz but trust me when you play it, it will satisfy your low-end

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

welcome to TalkBass !!
    use the search feature located at top of page , it'll open topics that have already been discussed around here ....
    but , to answer your question , yes they are a very good cabinet , especially for that price range ... i use two Avatar cabinets and they sound very nice . maybe not as refined as some others { schroeder , bergantino , eden , etc. but still a good purchase ...}
    :cool:

try to fill out your personal profile information a little better , it would help to know what type of music , gear you use .... :bassist:

5. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    yeap
    probably the best for your bucks :)

really
    i really really dig their cabs

plus a great cust service GO DAVE

6. Ordered mine sunday...the guy(Dave) was awsome...I cant wait until she comes:)

7. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    yes they are nice cabs. I really defy someone to name a brand that sounds as good for less money. Sure there are better cabs but you will pay more. I just don't like the horns he uses.

8. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    what did you get?
    congrats :)

9. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    well they uses foster horn :)
    the same swr uses on their pro cabs though ..

10. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I'm using an older CB112 and a B112 with an SWR Bass 350 head. I'd put these cabs against almost anything I've ever owned, including SWR and Eden.

Sounds great! To be honest, I liked my EA VL-210 a little better, but not 2x-3x the dollars better for used.

Probably the best sound for the buck you can get.

dcr

11. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Yeah, then the horns in SWRs suck too.

12. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Foster horns are abrasive and harsh, I don't care WHO uses them in their cabs . . .

13. Parts Express no longer stocks the Peerless horn tweeter that Schwinn replaced his Foster horn with, but you can still get that tweeter from other sources, such as Madisound.

Knowing that some of the high end cab builders are using titanium bullet tweeters, I looked THOSE up on the Parts Express site. They have some interesting ones, including this one thats mounts on the rear of the baffle. Part number 270-135.

[​IMG]

Anybody tried these bullets in a bass cab?

Although they are way sensitive (106 dB 1W/1m) and would have to be attenuated a bit, they look pretty interesting for bass use. This one is rated 2K-25K and 150 watts, however it weighs over five pounds!

14. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    I just rec'd my 2nd B210 today. I have used their 15" cabs as well. You cant beat Avatar for the price, period!!

15. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I have the B212 and an SB115 (discontinued). They sound great together or separately. I'm still thinking about getting a B210 Neo for more versatility. Avatars are well worth the price.

16. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

For the money, you can't beat 'em! I have a B210 and a SB112 on the way. I just sold my B115 only due to downsizing my rig a bit.

17. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    yeah

talk about portable and simple setting

anyone tried a B210 on top and SB112, a compact 112 on the bottom? will it deliver enough low? how do you think?

18. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    plus avatar has the scariest power rating i even seen in any cab ..

come one a 700W rating 210 8ohms :p

an SVT4 that can run 2 810 cabs in stereo, and i use it monobridge delivering 900W thru my 210 avatar .. awesome! smoking!

19. rfalter

rfalter

Jul 20, 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    Ditto what everyone says. I have a 115 and a 210 and am very happy with both.

20. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Foster may make both horns, but there is a WORLD of difference. My current setup has an SWR Goliath III stacked on top of an Avatar b410. The Avatar cab has the tweet turned all the way down, and I let the SWR tweet do the talking. The SWR tweet *is* colored and *does* need to be tamed with the attenuator knob, but it really flatters slap/fret noise/percussive stuff when used correctly, IMO. The Avatar's horn is just harsh - but if you run it very low or all the way off, you've still got a great bang-for-the-buck cab.

Avatar cabs are fantastic for the money, as I've said many times before. :)