Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Mar 16, 2005.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hello all;

I just want to give Dave a thumbs up. I ordered a 4x10 Neo cab (which sounds great BTW). When putting on the casters, I discovered that one of the bottom corners was damaged. I emailed Dave, and he said that he would send a new corner. That's awesome that he responded to something so trivial. Try getting that from one of the "big" manufacturers.
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Dunno if you count Ashdown as "big" or not... but I had a similar expirence.
    I ordered a "b stock" MAG 1x15 cab from www.musci123.com. Ok, so I knew it was going to be beat up when I got it, but hey, I saved myself like $115! So when I get it and open it up, turns out just the plastic corners were smashed (why did companies stop using metal ones anyway :confused: ). ANYWAY, I e-mailed Ashdown asking how much replacement ones would be. They asked for my address, and said the cost is nothing :eek:. So I got the equlivant to the brand new cab, for $115 off, just cos some cheapo plastic broke :smug:.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Similar story, Aguilar sent me a corner for a USED Aguilar cab I bought. I wasn't even the original owner of the cab (though I have bought plenty of new Aguilar gear . . .).

We as bass players have been blessed recently with gear manufacturers that not only make great stuff, but value their customers.
  4. My experience is not with a CAB company, but rather a string company. I bought a DR long neck set which sounded terrible on my bass. I called them on the phone and they didn't even let me finish explaining the problem, they offered to send me a new set of non-tapered strings (6 string bass set costs $40 bucks!) for free. This was on a thursday, the strings arrived at my place on monday. Great service!
  5. +1 for Avatar customer service, they seem to understand word of mouth is the best advertising there is. I'm totally proud to play all avatar and am always telling other players about them.
  6. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I ordered a 2x12 from Dave, was concerned about whether it would fit my style of playing, he took the time to ask what style, types of set lists, etc. We talked for about 20 minutes about music and other topics. Great guy! I believe we had a mutual friend from California, etc...anyway, after a week, it showed up, I was so excited! I picked it up at the apartment office, and it seemed a little heavier than I was expecting. I wrestled it up the stairs to my pad, opened the box, and discovered why it seemed heavier than it was- it was a 410! Oh, no! I called Dave up, explained the situation to him, and asked him what to do. He apologized, got my number, called me back about 3 minutes later, and said that he must have grabbed out of the wrong stack- they use the same boxes for shipping. He offere me a discount if I wanted to keep it, but I already had a few 410 cabs, so it was basically not needed. I asked if he would ship me the 212 after mine got back to the factory. He said "No need- I trust you!" He shipped the 212 out and it got to me within a couple days. I had the other one packed, was expecting to pay UPS to ship it, but the delivery guy told me he was supposed to pick up the "other cabinet". I helped him down the stairs with it, and off it went! How many RMA's have you ever heard of where the manufacturer sends the replacement before you send off the return part? Dave is a straight-up good guy, wonderful to do business with, and makes one of the best cabinets for the money available anywhere!
  7. I too have had 2 great experiences with Avatars customer service.
    It is top notch!
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I have bought 3 cabs from Dave. Great service on all of them.
  9. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA

I agree with Eric M. from what i have seen here on the forums, overwhelmingly BG companies have excellent CS these days. I can only dream of that from other companies i have to deal with. ;)
  10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Bought 5 cabs from Dave. Nuff said...
  11. I have to give a major thumbs up to Dave and Avatar...I know, one and the same!!! Talk about a great company and a great product. I am blown away every time I play my 212, it's right up there with Aguilar, Epifani, etc...for a fraction of the $$$$. I love the fact that Dave loves making quality products for working musicians, for reasonable prices, and he obviously respects us working stiffs too by taking the time to talk to us, and really taking care of us. THUMBS UP!!!! +1
  12. Talked with Dave at Avatar Speakers today to order an empty cab. That is one very helpful and pleasant individual to talk to.
    Stellar customer service too.

13. Fed-ex dropped my 212 on one corner hard enough to tear the box when it was getting to me, and when I turned it on, one of the 12" drivers was very clearly broken.

I called Dave up, he apologized, sent out a new 12" THAT DAY, for free, and told me to keep the old one. And because of the "inconvenience" of the whole situation, he told me to mention it next time I ordered, and I would get a discount. His service is amazing.
  14. I ordered 2 Eminence Deltalite 2510's from Dave. They came from CA to NJ in like 4 days and I opened them up and went to put them in when I realized they were 12's. He had Eminence come pick them up and drop off the 2510's within a week, and I must have gotten four or five emails and a phone call from the guy. Instant gratification is something you shouldn't really expect, but Dave goes the extra mile to deliver.
  15. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Now if he starts to make even more variety of cabs-i'm dead. I have the b210 [delta], b115h [kappa pro lf], and the b212. I got GAS for a 1X18 and a 6X10 or an 8X10 for giggles [if he ever decided to make those-i'd be screwed-it's hard enough resisting the different speaker combinations and the 4X10s]. The sad part-college is near and i know i won't need the rig i have now-let alone a bigger one. :bawl: Maybe a b112 will come home with me for a "small" setup. When the service and product is good enough that you want to buy more says something, IMO. That's all

16. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Dave does indeed Rule. Just ordered an Ashdown Mag 300H from him. Over in DB land, Bob G is the man, over here, I think Dave is becoming "the man". Well, either him or or Kirk...