1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mlwarriner, Sep 21, 2008.

1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    How close is it really to being Trace Elliot Green?

I have a V-Type 1x15 combo, and was pondering either a 1x12 or a 2x10 to put underneath it.

I think adding it in matching tolex would be awesome, but I really would rather not spend the $$ on Trace cabs.

Is the green tolex from Avatar a close match to being TE green?

And! Given the choice between the two (1x12 and 2x10) - which cab would you choose and why?

Opinions welcome.

Thanks!
    Matt

2. avatar's 210 goes very well with a 115, they can handle a low B, and any low end you throw at the 115, and they are punchy and tight sounding, I would go with that. As far as the color though, I am really not sure. I am not familiar enough with TE's green.

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    anybody else? highly curious about the color of the tolex...

4. put the 1x15 on the bottom, that way the bass frequencies are naturally amplified by the ground. The 2x10 will have a punchier sound to it, so those can sit up higher, while your 1x15 sits on the bottom bringing in all the bass

just a thought

5. I just saw your reply to my old post re the V-Type Combo (another thread). Congratulations on your buy - do let us know how you like it.

Regarding your question re Tolex ... I have been wondering the exact same thing. As you see, the Trace green on the V-type Combo seems to have a bit of blue in it - or mine has aged in the sun or something :meh:

Not sure what the Avatar tolex is like or how the Trace would look with a cab with new "Forest Green" type tolex.

Oddly, I just realized that I also have a small Goodsell G5 amp in Forest Green.

When time permits, I will try to take a pic of the two together.

Cheers,

Greg

6. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I have the Green Tolex 4x10. It's a dark forest green.