Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andruca, Jan 24, 2005.

1. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Hi everybody!

Need to ask experiences with Avatar cabs. Currently I use 2 Hartke cabs, a 4.5XL (4x10" + 5") and a 215XL (2x15") and would like to keep this configuration but handle more power (I suffer some fartings -most of all on the 10s- from time to time). I thought of Dave's cabs and found that a B410PRO (4 Eminence Kappa Pro 10") and two B115H (1 Eminence Kappa Pro 15" LF) would do the job perfectly and handle much more power. Kappa Pros are superior drivers with way higher Xmax too. My only concern is that my Hartke cabs are 2" deeper than Avatars and this leads me to think they would lack some sub-low response. I play nü-metal and need a sound with plenty of sub-low. Is my concern logical? Do Avatar cabs have good low end compared to my Hartkes? Thanks so much!

ANDRUCA

P/S: I live in Europe and am unable to test any Avatar Speakers, but plan to buy them 'cause everything else I can buy here is a total steal compared to Avatars (and their drivers dont even compare to Eminece Kappa Pros).

2. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    On the FAQs page of avatarspeakers.com:
    3. Can you ship to me in Europe? Sorry no, not at the present time as we don't ship outside of the US. We are looking for distributors in other parts of the world so they may be available at some point in the future.

I don't think you can order from Dave directly, but you may be able to get your cabs on ebay. What Ohm setting are you looking to get since you would be buying 3 cabs (1 4x10 and 2 1x15's) 2 8Ohm's and 4Ohm?

I have a Avatar Delta 410 which has less bass response than the Pros and I get planty of rumble when I play, in Drop C tuning especially.

3. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I can order them from Cas @ Tone-Tools, he ships to Europe (I found out thru Dave himself). It's nice to hear they have proper low end. I play standard tuning in 5 string basses. Thanks a lot for the info!

ANDRUCA

4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I'll ask for the 410 in 4 ohms and the two 115s in 8 (so they're 4 ohms in parallel). I use a stereo power amp so I plan to use the 410 in one channel ant the 2 115s in the other, both channels @4ohms.

ANDRUCA

5. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Don't know of anybody that has Avatar cabs in Europe, but if everything works ok with Cas shipping me these, I'll spread the voice around, 'cause we're being robbed here (and I'm sick of paying gold price for crappy gear)!

ANDRUCA

6. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Awesome, I didn't know you could get them in europe!

Happy playing with your Avatar rig! :bassist:

7. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Thanks protoz! I'll post when I buy them. Any other opinions please? Thanx!

ANDRUCA