Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Jan 7, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've heard alot of TB people talking about Avatar cabs. What kind of tome do they have? What other companies are they very close to?

2. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    tome=tone ......sorry about my crappy typing:p

3. cjgallen

cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    The 2x10 has a ton of PUNCH. The tweeter is a bit noisy and can be shrill when turned up, but I keep it down pretty low, and those highs still sing loud and clear. I have to say, I never really appreciated mids until I got this cab.

The 1x15 is very DEEP, and when I crank it up at home, it BOOMS and shakes the walls, but when using it at my gig last week, it had more of a THUMP than BOOM (different acoustics).

Oh well, one man's mud is another man's jello pudding.

I have the rear ported ones. I'd really like to hear what people have to say about the front ported versions of these.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    FINGERSTYLE - Ampeg SVT400T, MIJ Jazz 1975 Reissue, both pickups and tone dimed, Avatar 15c + 12 cabinets:

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    SLAP - Ampeg SVT400T, MIJ Jazz 1975 Reissue, both pickups and tone dimed, Avatar 15c + 12 cabinets:

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I feel the same about my 4x10. I leave the tweeter off completely. Great sweet sounding mids--handles everything on the five string superbly down to the lowD. Mine is also rear-ported.
    good luck!