Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ave Verum Corpus?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Tbeers, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I've been asked to play something for a family funeral, accompanied by my father on piano. Preferably it should be something by Mozart.

My dad and I thought Ave Verum Corpus would be appropriate, if we could find a suitable arrangement. Does anyone know of an arrangement for solo and piano accompaniment? Obviously bass or cello would be ideal, but given various constraints (including time) I am willing to improvise. So far the closest I have found online is solo alto saxophone with piano, and another for french horn and piano. Something for a stringed instrument would be preferable....

Thanks in advance for any help, and if anyone has other suggestions, go for it. We were also thinking a solo arrangement of the theme from the 2nd movement of the Elvira Madigans piano concerto (No. 21) would be nice. But that is even more of a long shot....

2. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Found a violin/piano arrangement... should work fine.

3. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    Ave Verum corpus natum de Maria virgine? I sang that one in my old school's choir. Very nice piece about Jesus Christ. I can try to find it if you'd like the lyrics to it.

4. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    Beers - I have a score of Ave Verum for strings and chorus. If you feel like arranging it, drop me a PM and we'll meet up. Are you back in town yet?