Ave Verum Corpus?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Tbeers, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I've been asked to play something for a family funeral, accompanied by my father on piano. Preferably it should be something by Mozart.

My dad and I thought Ave Verum Corpus would be appropriate, if we could find a suitable arrangement. Does anyone know of an arrangement for solo and piano accompaniment? Obviously bass or cello would be ideal, but given various constraints (including time) I am willing to improvise. So far the closest I have found online is solo alto saxophone with piano, and another for french horn and piano. Something for a stringed instrument would be preferable....

Thanks in advance for any help, and if anyone has other suggestions, go for it. We were also thinking a solo arrangement of the theme from the 2nd movement of the Elvira Madigans piano concerto (No. 21) would be nice. But that is even more of a long shot....
  2. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Found a violin/piano arrangement... should work fine.
  3. ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    Ave Verum corpus natum de Maria virgine? I sang that one in my old school's choir. Very nice piece about Jesus Christ. I can try to find it if you'd like the lyrics to it.
  4. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    Beers - I have a score of Ave Verum for strings and chorus. If you feel like arranging it, drop me a PM and we'll meet up. Are you back in town yet?