1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

average price of an L-1500

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by clanner, Apr 23, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    planning on ordering an L-1500 clear blue, ebony board and #7 neck. I need to know thae everage price, I'm guessing around $1300-1500$ but am not quite sure.

thanks.

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    You should be able to get one with those specs for well under$1,200. I ordered one in March with #6 neck and matching headstock, and I think it was $1,105. Delete the matching stock and add ebony board, and it would have been slightly more. If clear blue is a premium finish, that probably adds a little too.

3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    the clear blue adds 60 dollars and the baord adds 80, I need to find a place around here that will order one for under 1500 (got the qoute today from a local store), any suggestions?

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    See what Matt can do.

I tested one at Buffalo Bros that was way less than $1500. Tobacco burst, no dots, matching headstock. Waaaaaay less than $1500.

Jim

5. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    just sent the bros. an e-mail. calling a store that's an hours drive tomorrow

6. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    also I think I have to many basses (I have 5 in my posesion) and I think 2, maybe 3 could go.

7. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Amateur:D :D :p :p

Group008.

Shop around and don't forget to send Matt (flash99) the specs to price for you. Matt priced one for me but I am waiting formG&L to answer some questions right now.

Jim

8. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    cut me some slack, I'm still in highschool. btw, one of the basses I want to keep is a squier I bought to modify. after a 1500 I hope to be done for atleast a year. then I will end up selling something and begin searching for an L-1000.

9. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    :eek: :eek: :eek: In high school and you have 5!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even have one until after high school.

Dang yewts today I swear.:D ;)

The 1500 is gonna be very different than an L1K. You could always get an L2K and mod the switches if you want the 1K sound.

Jim

10. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    already have an l-2000. I plan on selling my Ibanez sr-405, my Julius Keilwerth sax and maybe my micheal anthony bolt-on yamaha if those won't cover most of it.

btw, called a store today that can get me the premium finish free, and the ebony and matching stock for around $1300 or less.

last concert I will play my sax at is saturday.

peace