Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Average SAT Score

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    What is the average SAT score?

I would like to know i had compared to the national or state wide average.

I got an 1100

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    1270, twice. It's a stupid test.

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Not sure.

1390 here.

SAT is stupid though--it's all about the ACT.

4. 1350.

The test is pointless though. Things like extracurriculars and high school grades are more important.

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Tell me about it.

Even more disturbing is that the mean SAT score for entering Baylor students was 1179 and the mean ACT is only 24.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    1100 was my first time

i wanna go to Rider, so i already know i qualify to get in

but i need atleast 1150 to get the scholarship i want

next time around i am aiming for 1250

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive heard its gotten a lot easier too.

I had an English teacher last year who got a 1600 back when he was in highschool. Im not sure what year that was, but Im pretty sure he was voting in the late 60s early 70s from some stories he told us.

For what its worth, I got a 950 when I took it in 7th grade though a program run by Duke U, and a 1340 composite from my junior/senior year without any prep courses. Sad thing is I had guys in my English class junior year who couldnt even score a 950 with prep courses in a somewhat highly esteemed private school.

Peace
    Nick

8. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I got 1120 this last December... I don't think that was too bad considering that I worked until midnight the night before, didn't eat breakfast, and didn't study...

but oh well. I'm done with the SAT... I got into the college of my choice.

next up: auditions for music school

9. via satellite

via satellite

Sep 16, 2003
    I had a 1440; only took it once.

What weirds me out about it is the fact that it's an aptitude test you can study for...doesn't that defeat the purpose? :confused:

10. yup. 1340 here, only took it once. that was high enough for all the scholorships i wanted and to get into the school i wanted, so i didnt bother trying anymore.

i know its not that high of a score, but its the second highest score in my whole school =\
    pretty sad eh?

@pause; i hear ya bout the music auditions! mine is the same day as my senior prom =-0

11. oh man do i feel stupid, i got an 800 on the SATs when i took them

:(

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I got an 1160 the first time, while sick. And a 1430 the second time. This was in 1982. You can probably guess which one I submitted. My son told me some of the questions on the current SAT that he had trouble with. They didn't seem that difficult to me. Now where is the 'Duh' smiley? We need a minor smiley overhaul here. Treena, hook us up!

Aargh! My connection dropped out while I was editing! I am so tired of Yahoo DSL! Grrrr! :spit: at Yahoo.

13. I got a 970 on my SAT.

Why? Try going in on 4 hours sleep, without studying a single thing, and then falling alseep during the test.

I'd like to say I did quite well.

The SAT is pointless for me anyways since I'm going to a community college first because of outrageous university prices. Not to mention missing a lot of my junior year because of kidney surgery, therefore destroying my GPA.

14. i dont think you can really study for the SAT. you can take practice ones, but as far as knowing what material will be on it and all there is no studying. you simply know the types of questions that will be covered (analogies, quantitative comparisons, etc)

15. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    The SAT tests how good you are at taking tests. The material is important however not as much as your test taking ability. My stoner friend went in his first time and got a 1550 without every studying (and he wasn't the best student either).

16. I took the PSAT, SAT later this month.

Got a 950 because I jipped myself off about 50 points. During the end of the math section I said, "F00k it, it's the PSAT and my head hurts, full in the blanks ^^."

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My score was slighty above "I don't care" and just a titch below "You shouldn't either."

18. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    hahahaha. my score was 2060.

i win.