AVG, free? Where?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    So I've found and used the 30 day free trial. (Expired)...Is there a whole version out there that dosn't expire?
  2. That's probably a trial of the full version. There is a free version which doesn't expire but, I assume, doesn't have all the features of the full version. Who cares anyways, as long as it protects your computer?
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Paging JMX.....JMX you have a call on line 123.

4. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I don't ind if it dosn't have all features...as long as it detects and gets rid of. i have some cheap$&s Defender Pro virus program but it dosn't seem to do anything for me.
  5. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland

Download link to the free version of AVG. Its free as long as you meet the following conditions:

"AVG Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. Use of AVG Free Edition within any organization or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. The AVG Free Edition is absolutely not for use with any type of OEM bundling with SW, HW component or any service. Your use of AVG Free Edition shall be in accordance with and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the AVG Free Edition License Agreement which accompanies AVG Free Edition."

I've used it for 2-3 years, never a single problem.
  6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I used AVG for a long time and still think it's a good antivirus, but Avast is superior IMO. You should give it a try. The link will take you to the free version downloading page. I decided to switch because I didn't like the fact that after AVG 7, the "scanning after download" utility disappeared (avgse.exe. I looked for it and asked lots of times in different forums and couldn't find it) and couldn't find a way of performing an automated scanning of files after downloaded with my download manager or through messenger. Avast works like a charm for me.
  7. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey thanks everyone. I have downloaded, installed, and am currently scaning as I type. i'll have to try the Avast...thanks.