1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AVRI 57 P parts bass on reverb, sweet deal or kinda weird?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mpdd, May 14, 2018.

1. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    This is kinda interesting, I'm not really going to be able to buy it due to my underemployment, but it might be fun to discuss and somebody might want it.

It's listed for less than all the mij "lawsuit" basses by ibanez, greco, and tokai.

Fender AVRI '57 Precision Bass Parts Build (see description)

2. Quite interesting... in that it's a 'priced to sell' parts bass. Normally parts basses you see are priced based on the owners perceived value... This almost seems sketchy!

Either way, that is one good lookin' P - the finish is brilliant.

mpdd likes this.
  3. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    Wow. I'm impressed... great price. I'm surprised that it's still available.

mpdd likes this.
  4. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Well, the knobs are wrong. Other than that, it looks like a great price for a Fender parts bass. Those pickups will be better than AVRI pickups anyway. You'd have to pay more for a MIM 50's Classic Series P-Bass, but I would still want to see inside it. If the body is a real 57 or 58 reissue, the routing will be very specific. The neck looks like the replacement necks Fender used to sell when they were still doing the 57 reissues (see the stamp on the back of the head stock, and lack of a model name as part of the decal on the front).

mpdd likes this.
  5. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    Nice case

mpdd likes this.
  6. Mildew Jones

Mildew Jones

Dec 18, 2014
    Beautiful bass! I recall seeing that here for sale and drooling over it (same one?), I would put threaded saddles on and call it a day. Need another P like a hole in tha head...
    MJ

mpdd likes this.
  7. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    If all is correct in the seller's description, then that is a good deal.

mpdd likes this.