Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Avril Lavigne - Let Go

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Good bad, love it hate?
    What do you guys think of it just another pop princess or serious artist.

2. Ozico

Ozico

May 5, 2002
    Marlboro NY
    Shes just a little pop princess dressed up as a "punk" to try and sell records. It baffles me how people like that get signed while those with real talent are left to slug it out in the trenches.Makes me sick.....

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    She is a fox, though. I hear that song all the time at work... the tape in the electronics section is on a forty minute loop, and that's one of the videos. Lame lyrics. She has a nice voice, and, did I mention she's a fox? (Not sure how old she is, though.)

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Thats exactly what I think. She is hot though! She also has a good voice but the lyrics are very lame,cliche, and boring.So is the music.

5. i dont like her lyrics, altho one of my friends look like her..

6. Her song is supposed to be serious and kind of sad but the video for it is her and her friends being dumb in the mall. And everyone loves it.

7. steve 1

steve 1 Guest

Feb 18, 2002
    utica, ny
    hey superduck-how old are you? she's only, yea, 17 years old. my age though...:eek:

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    19. Give it another year and she's in my range. :D

9. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
  10. shes totally hot. music isnt that bad, but thats why i just watch her video with the MUTE on.:D

11. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    i'm absolutely in love with avril lavigne, and i cant help myself. and yes shes 17, lucky for me :D

12. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    Eeeer...shes pretty and has a nice voice but I do think the lyrics are pretty lame and the video doesnt really match up, it just looks like shes trying to be cute and cool. The first thing that popped into my mind is that shes trying to be the next Pink, I think Pink is pretty rad for a pop star and she has musicians instead of a Dj, Avril has some players too, I think its cool tho, I didnt know O-town was for hire as a back up band

13. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    I heard she was 16, anyways. she IS a fox. At the much music video awards the mic box kept pulling her pants down.. plumber style. she was going commando too :eek:

anyone think they are virtually just the female version of Sum 41? they are both from the same area too.

Sure its not the best music, but she is young, possibly caught in a fashion trend at the moment, but the music does have something good about it. give her a few years to grow. Young canadians will rule the world.

14. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
  15. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    If Rush can't rule the world...NO CANADIANS EVER WILL!

16. just_a_poser

just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm 14, but uh, she'd totally go for me! Hahah.

I like her single actually. But I downloaded that Skater Boy song, and some of the lyrics it sounds like she's just trying to hard to write something.

But yeah, I think with time her writing will improve too.

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    call me a sap, but "complicated" is one of my guilty pleasures on pop radio. (that and vanessa carlton's...song. please, post no comparisons).

18. I realize that Rolling Stone isn't exactly an unbiased source, but she really ended up sounding fake in the interview she did. Her "punk rock" uniform is just a marketing tool.

19. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I'd do her

16? You're kidding..... that'd be great, Legal for me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.