Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"AVRIL OR HILARY?THE QUESTION EVERYONE DEBATES"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slick519, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Dear God, I have lost all hope in today's society. :help: :rolleyes:

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    We should post a link to that website where that guy has the megaphone and tells people they have bad tastes in music.

3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Lindsay Lohan, of course. :bassist:

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Wow, I think I lost a few IQ points by reading that. Though, the reply about the WWE was great.

But, Hilary Duff = Yum, Yum (It's good to see a girl who isn't anoerixic.)

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    +1
    +1
    +1

I also like the one where the punk musician says Avril is the best, and the one that says, "get over hilary and stert listing to real music like AVRIL LAVIGNE", and the one that says, "get some stage tips from like Gwen Stafani, or Pink or some one like that".

I think I'll do what I suggested and post a link to that site.

EDIT:Well I've signed up so I could post, but it's taking forever for them to email me the activation link. Stupid VH1.

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    OK, So like, I read through *ALL* of those posts, ya'know?

and well, I mean they all kinda, you know, made good points, right?

But like, I'm still, ya'know, scratchin' my head because now, like the question's been asked,

And like you know, I don't know, I'm still like just sitting here thinking, right?

Like, I don't get it, Really!! just tell me allready, OK!!!!

Who would win?????

:D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help: :D :help:

I want my 10 minutes back!!!

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    *nods*

What was the question?

8. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Hilary is better looking, and she also seems to be a little more certain of her place in the music business. Her music is poppy stuff and she knows it. Avril (where or not it was said, it was implied) seems to think she's hardcore punk.

I wanna see her be on the Warped Tour next year...she'd get a taste of what real punks think of her garbage.

And once again, Hilary Duff is hot.

9. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Real punks died off a long time ago. And I've been to the Warped, and if thats what real punks look like then.......Avril has nothing to worry about.

10. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    EDIT BY MOD
    Screw the Ramones, Clash and Sex Pistols. They are vintage punk. What I was referring to at the Warped Tour is the Rancids, Bad Religions, Rise Againsts and Black Flags, not the Simple Charlotte Good Plan fools.

I'm not saying that I have anything against "vintage punk", I'm just tired of hearing that "punk is dead"...If it's dead now than it never existed.

Go listen to OLP Coutts boy.

11. HNIlary all dayway! she da bomby man,. ive bhti dat **** anty time. yeas.

12. Don't you love it when people post stuff they're regret in the morning? :p :D

13. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina

::cough:: narrow mind ::cough::

Have you even listened to either of them?

Hillary and Avril themselves might not be the most talented, but both albums have great musicianship, great production, and great song writing. Just because they are not showing off with mad technical (ie. Vic Wooten, Jaco, all prog metal) doesn't mean that it isn't good music

Music tastes are personal...not public.

Avril Lavigne gets my vote.

14. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    :rollno:

I can understand how you think "He was a skater boi, she said see you later boi" and "You thought I was going to have sex with you? NO WAY" (Paraphrasing) are all three of those.

You're right, but neither is what they (Avril, Hillary, Simpson sisters, etc.) do.

15. So he likes the music. Why should he listen to someone saying "Oh that sucks" if he likes it? Like what you want, don't let people tell you what is good based on THEIR opinion. Opinions vary.

16. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Oh, that music sucks.

17. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    well... what follows is basically the standard answer to the "good music vs. bad music threads"- it's still true, though.

Most of the mainstream stuff, Britney, Christina, Avril, etc.
    is good or even great POP music. The "hooks" are there,
    the arrangements are exciting and thought out. If there is a real live element in there, you can expect an absolute top player to have done it. The track has been mixed by the best engineers... All in all the people involved in the creation of those tracks are very likely much more musically gifted than the most of us.

Besides, there are no measurable criteria for "good" or "bad" music. There's certainly a difference in the intellectual demands that some music makes, though, but not everyone is impressed by "hip" chord voicings or "outside improv". Or choir arrangements. Or incredibly fast tempos. Or... You get the point.

18. Pwned. Whatever that means. :D

I didn't bother reading half of that thread; the language was terrible. I can only hope that when people like that turn a certain age, they learn how to be grammatically correct.

I matured long before my time. :D