1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aw man...another school shooting.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kanonfodr, Aug 27, 2012.

1. And on the first day, no less?!?!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-perry-hall-high-shooting-20120827,0,970506.story

Peace,
    Greg

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    :(

3. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    Humans just can't seem to get it together....... this sucks.

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    oh god....i HATE hate hate hate reading about these things

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    It just seems so senseless...

6. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    It is.

7. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    At first I thought it was the middle school, which really freaked me out, because my son's daycare is directly across the street. Then we heard HS. Which is about 1/2 mile down the road. I really hate hearing crap like this. There is really nothing to say about it...people just suck sometimes. I'd love to drop f--- bombs and whatnot, but in the end, something in the "system" of life (parenting, schooling, growing-up, TV, video games, who knows) is broken and needs to be repaired.

8. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i got tears... this kind of **** really gets to me... (too many bad memories)

9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I think you mean Americans.

School shooting happen world wide, but only in America is it truly an epidemic.

The irony of this coming up within a few days of the gun lovers thread is kind of comical to a Canadian.

I am fine with guns, in fact I agree with Americans all being entitled to own one. But pistols and automatic weapons are strictly for killing people (and maybe redneck shooting) and should be only available to a very select group of people who undergo rigorous screening.

Sure guns don't kill people but when they are everywhere it is hard for a crazy person not to get one.

10. I saw it on the news earlier. What's going on with todays youth??? Back when I was a kid - no one ever thought of bringing weapons to school.

11. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings

You have a point and I fear this thread will unfortunately spiral eventually out of control, but I do agree with you.

Just remember though that the population of the US is roughly 10x that of Canada, so you end up with 10x the crazy a-holes who'd pull a stunt like that.

12. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
  13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Hmmm.. I'm American and wouldn't shoot up a school, or do I apparently "not have it together" since "Americans don't have it together"? :confused:

For someone who posts in another thread about the fact that mentioning race when describing someone is in itself racist, I find it quite ironic that you would make a blanket statement like that about Americans??

14. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Chinese_school_attacks - recent list of school attacks in China

seems like an epidemic to me... :meh:

15. So are the millions of Mosin's,Mausers,Ak varients,floating around. In fact correct me if I am wrong but the wasn't the gun created by mankind to kill wether it be used by and army against another army, or civilian to defend from tryrany? But hey what do I know I'm only an American, and a gun owner.

16. It's too bad there are people like that here at TB making ignorant anti-American statements, and purposely trying to rile people up. :scowl:

17. The scariest thing about these crazy frequent mass shootings is that I fear that it's just a part of the culture and that there's very little reasonable legislation that could be passed to curb it short of having the some TSA equivalent organization EVERYWHERE :/ (not trying to imply that that scenario would be reasonable). It's pretty upsetting...

18. ^ "There's somethin' wrong with the world today - The light bulb's gettin' dim" (Aerosmith)

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, I deleted my post that said the same thing, not as tactfully.

Didn't get the memo? The world hates us.

20. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I really don't understand the need for it, that sort of thing is wholly unnecessary :rollno:

It really shows an obvious bias and misunderstanding of a culture and/or nation.