1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Awaiting a Dr.BASS cab in Australia...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stanknuckle, Apr 23, 2006.

1. G'day, I ordered a Dr.bass cab in December and Marc said it was shipped to me in February. Can anyone tell me how long it is actually going to take for this cab to reach this country?

2. Was it shipped Air or Sea?

3. by sea. So i'm guessing quite some time. But how long really?

4. by sea sometimes it will take 3 months to get to your door. Sent in febuary expect 3 months for it to get there. How much did it cost you and what cab did you actually get? Where are you located in Australia? I have a 4 month wait for 212 4 ohm eden cab ordered in a shop that may arrive sometime this year if im lucky.

5. 3 Months is about standard for sea transportation. I wouldn't be supprised if it's sitting in customs right now.

6. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    what did shipping cost you?

7. I purchased an unloaded BL212. I am trying to source the speakers here and will use Eminence speakers; A kappa Pro for the bottom port and a delta 12 for the top. I should get a frequency response very suitable for my 5 string.
    All up it cost me no more than $600AU.
    Marc Serio said it comes with the tweeter and crossover. If I had bought it loaded, he would have shipped the speakers separately to keep the weight and cost down.

8. I have enquired with customs and australia post but I need shipping/invoice details. Still not here.
    I hope that the bomb squad haven't blown it sky high with there water cannons because of the loose wires from the crossover circuitry! Marc emailed me stating one cab he shipped to Ireland was found in Hamburg Germany. It was later returned to him in four seperate boxes. Someone didn't like the look of the circuit board and wires so they pulled it apart. What the hell are customs doing these days.
    I suggest that if they are suspicious of something, get in touch with the receiver ASAP and ask them what its all about. My cab probably is in Customs now and instead of doing lengthy XRAY's and test's on it, get me down there and I'll answer their questions.

9. Update. I got an email from Marc SERIO saying that the cab was with Customs in New Jersey. Supposedly the postal company got the paperwork wrong. The cab is going back to Dr.Bass. This means I'll have to wait another 5-6 months maybe. Not good, not good. Makes me wonder if I'll ever see it. Just aswell someone else isn't enjoying my cab.

10. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Marc Serio. LOL! At least he came up with a new excuse this time. Sorry this is happening to you. Really. Marc's cabs are pretty decent. But Marc himself is worthless.

11. I got my cab from Marc!
    Love at first sight.
    He sent it global express to Australia on 29/06/06 and I got it 04/07/06.
    So light and compact!
    I will load it with Eminence NEO's to keep the weight down to a minimum.
    Thanks Marc.

12. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine

Bwaaaahahahaha! Hate to laugh at you mate, sorry. This is so typical of the Dr Bass operation. I'm glad to read at the end that yours finally showed up. His product is ok I guess, his customer service is not, in my experience. Your wait time also seems to be typical.

13. I laugh too, because it's typical of the customer service I'm used to. I have to wait for everything, but at the end of the day I get what I want and these things (having to wait) happen for a reason. It's a lesson in patients for me!
    Yes, I waited a long time! Anyway, it's here now and that's all that matters to me.

14. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Guess what, it's made of wood so when it arrives in Australia, there's a good chance they'll quarantine it.

And you wonder why I build my own!

15. Yes it is actually made of wood. What a radical concept!
    The cab is actually in my garage.

16. what speakers did you source for it and how much for the 212 speakers here in OZ?

17. I'm gonna get Eminence DeltaLite 2 series from Bernie at BLT sound in USA. $88 US each. I got on his web site and was emailed his price list in a matter of minutes.
    I've done a bit of searching here and have come across JD light and sound on EBAY who are in Melbourne. They have a limited supply of Eminence speakers but are quite cheap. These people are great to deal with.
    There is now an eminence dealer in South Australia who quoted me $199 for the Delta 12LF and $329 for the Kappa Pro 12.
    I want to keep the weight down heaps so I'll go with importing the ones I want. This means more waiting but at least i get the cab I want. The DeltaLite 2's have an XMAX of 4.9mm. Perfect for my 5 strings!

18. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    I'd suggest not going with mismatched speakers in the same internal volume space for a million reasons easily searchable here.

So glad to hear you finally got the cab! I didn't think Marc was gonna make it on this one when you e-mailed me a few months ago. I hope someday his repeated ass-kicking in the bass forums for horrendous customer service and attention to detail will wake him up. He seems to be a nice enough guy, but you can't maintain a biz repeatedly lying to customers about delivery dates.:rollno:

I hope your EIGHT MONTH wait was worth it. ;)

Don't forget to post us a full report when you get it loaded up and let it fly!

19. I will give a full and detail report when it is loaded. From what I've read of Dr.Bass products, I'm expecting nothing but good things.

20. I finally have my Dr.BASS 212 loaded!!
    2 x DeltaLite 2512
    The sound is like nothing I've ever heard.
    Piano like clarity and it cuts through the mix!
    I can hear every nuance in my playing.
    Everything I have read about these cabs is actually true. Even the waiting time. But that has passed and now I have my sound.
    I'll add a picture soon.
    NIL G.A.S. (for now).