Award Nominations for 7&11 String bass CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Garry Goodman, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Much to my surprize, my CD, entitled "Tap Dance On A Cloud"
    by the Nielsen-Goodman Project has been nominated for Best New Artist in it's genre.

New Age Reporter is the "Billboard" for New Age,World and Ambient music. This year is the second New Age Reporter Lifestyle Music Awards.Here is the awards page:
    There are some very fine recordings nominated in all the categories.

I had posted on an earlier thread that "Tap Dance On A Cloud" had debuted at number 6 on these charts last March,remained in the top 10 for three months and in the top 100 chart for 6 months.The CD has been added to 200 radio stations from Australia and Japan to Spain and Siberia.Several tracks have been added to three Musak CDs.

The CD features the first 7 and 11 string bass guitars utilizing a combination of traditional playing,Percussive Harmonics,and two handed touch style playing. There are no bass overdubs and the other melodic instrument is a amplified classical guitar played by Dave Nielsen,also without overdubs. The two percussionists,Ivan Krillzarin and Alex Acuña played a variety of world percussion instruments and drums.The CD ends with the controversial Low C#0 note played on the 11-string.

For a list of station that have added "Tap Dance On A Cloud" to their playlist, visit:
  2. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
  3. pretty sweet!
  4. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Thanks Superbassman.Thanks for reading the thread!
  5. DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    Whoa man - congrats! Excellent!
  6. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003