Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Awesome Bass Deals Forum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MM, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Something was alluded to in another thread. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11115 Specificaly, we all run into cool deals in shops or surfin' the web to which we say to ourselves, "yeah that's really nice but I can't get (or don't want) that right now." I would venture to say that, like in the thread above with the $500 ASAT, often times somebody here would jump all over one of these deals if they knew about them. What if we had a forum where people could post any awesome bass related deals that they run across and so turn on one of our fellows to a deal on something they want. Also, people who are seriously looking for something specific could post a request so that we could be on the lookout for them. What do y'all think? Could it work? Should we present the idea to Paul as a possible new forum?

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    why not use the bass for sale forum?

3. Yes, that is an option. It seems to me that might be somewhat confusing. The forum I'm proposing would be for deals we see somewhere, not for stuff we're personally selling.

An example. I'm at a shop down the street and I see a really nice Sadowsky selling for $1300. Now I can't afford that and I know at that price it won't be around long. I post this find on the proposed forum. Somebody here that has been looking for just this bass sees the post, calls the shop and makes a deal for their dream bass.

Another example. I decide I can't live without an '80's fretless Ibanez Musician. I have the money, I'm just looking for the right deal. I post my desire on the proposed forum. A week later somebody surfs onto one. They remember my post and email the url. 2 weeks later I'm pulling it out at rehersal, happy as a clam.

4. i find that notduane and brad johnson are keeping us up to date with good deals, if you stalk them you should be all set :D

5. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Awww G-man. Thank you! :) To be mentioned in the same sentence as THE Brad Johnson!
    I'm strictly a NET nut though. Somethin' to do with bein' an anti-social semi-agoraphobic misanthrope [​IMG] .
    That forum sounds like a kewel idea [​IMG] .

BTW...:rolleyes:...Got Maple?

( `77, 8/10, $999 http://gbase.com/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=110892 )

[​IMG]

6. "hey well i figured seeing that every one has been kissing your arse in that other post i might as well help to keep your head big" he wrote while reading his tattoo that says kick them while they're down :D

i have yet to meet a maple neck that i like.
    what are your thoughts on a send gruffpuppy your unused gear thread

7. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    ...I forgot to mention (birth sign) Leo, egoist, self-centered, control freak.
    I don't need no a$$-kissers though (`sides, that's an all-day task :p ).
    I do just fine inflating my own sense of self-importance, thank you very much :D .
    Aw, that's a shame. My first "wife" (pre E/B Stingray) had this bee-ootifal Louisville Slugger
    of a maple neck. Yup. The same one I...I...[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wassa' mattuh? You married or somethin? :p .

8. nice stingray looks like the one i just traded for my thumb bass, i am looking into another stingray in the future but it will be rosewood.

i am a taurus bull headed but gets along with leo

not married but trying to save so i can get out of this small apartment, my apartment is so small i kill a rat every time i put the key in the door.

can't belive i am talking star signs.

hey you come here often?

9. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    ( 199?, EX, ~ $999 http://www.gbase.com/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=171975 )

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Good one gruffer!
    Reminds me of an old apartment I had: A "Laverne & Shirley" type basement deal.
    The neighbors? :rolleyes: A couple o' brain-dead sisters who were strippers...actually,
    that wasn't so bad ;) . Some kinda' deadbeat regularly visited by cops, lawyers,
    ex-girfriends, and process servers. And the laundry room. Some boat people overstuffed
    the drier once and dang near burned down the building.

Just go to http://www.bookpool.com and git yourself a book on HTML, Perl, PHP, whatever.
    Hell. That's sorta' how Danni Ashe got started. Today, she's a billionairess :D .
    Right or wrong...IT sells.
    I tells ya' one thing. Leos + Pisces' (ex-wife) = WW III