Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fernandesguitar, Feb 11, 2005.

1. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Linky no worky :scowl:
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Nope...hmmm...first post today...linking ineptly to an eBay auction.....I think I smell Spam....:meh:
  3. Fernandesguitar

Feb 11, 2005
    Nah haha I'm not selling it, I was reading on a different forum that this bass was heaps good so i thought i'd say something about it on here. Reason I joined this forum is because I wanna find out if fernandes bass guitars are worth the money
  4. Fernandesguitar

Feb 11, 2005
    I mean, you gotta admit, that bass is awesome value.
  5. Well, first off, that link doesn't work. So I have no clue what bass you're talking about.
  6. cactus waltz

cactus waltz

Feb 10, 2005
    Is that the new 404 model?

*e* Damn! The line of my line, missed it by a minute. :rollno:
  7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    It's an Ibanez BTB 1000, nothing worth more then $400 in my opinion; yet they sell it for 1200 heh.
  8. Fernandesguitar

Feb 11, 2005
    :eyebrow: I live in Australia and I over here the RRP on them is $3995 I'm not just taking that off the ebay seller, I know for a fact, I checked out some sites and found out for myself, The RRP is $3995AUD
  9. Fernandesguitar

Feb 11, 2005
    Yeah I suppose you could say it's spam. I'm advertising it. I don't know the seller though, I found this on the strung out forum.
  10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Austrailian dollars......
  11. apparently the austrailian dollar is very can get them for $800 US...
    ebay search for Ibanez BTB 1000
    it would probably be cheaper for austrailians to get one for 800 US and have it shipped over to Austrailia!
    (unless Austrailian currency really is weak, but i recall that there is only about a 40 cent difference)
  12. Fernandesguitar

Feb 11, 2005
  13. IIRC the Australian dollar isn't the only thing making basses more expensive there. They also have to pay what seem to be rather exorbitant customs fees, go through the authorized dealer for the instruments on their side of the ocean, and THEN through the shop. Lots of middlemen.

Considering that some of our more experienced members have posted auctions, I'm not really sure this qualifies as spam.
  14. The one thing I don't get is that it says that it's a 5 piece maple/bubinga neck, yet I don't see any bubinga laminates.

As far as spam... you guys need to lighten up. Tons of people post Ebay auctions here. Give the guy a break.

Welcome to TB!
  15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm going to take you on your word here - that you're not the seller or involved with the seller.

In the future, you may want to word your posts that refer to eBay auctions a little more carefully...
  16. I was really hoping this was gonna be another joke wishbass thread ;)
  17. NSX_R

Nov 14, 2004
    Not a big fan of Ibanez... and the price seems to be a little tall for me even in Aus dollars.
    BBTW Fernandesguitar. I dont really think the listed retail price means anything especially Ibanes and fernandes which sells hundred(s) lower than msrp
  18. tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    i honestly really love that flame on it :D