Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Awesome bass part at end of Star Wars 6

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Red701, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Red701

Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    ok at the end of star wars episode 6 after they blew up the deathstar theyre having that big party with all the little bear people. i recently downloaded that song (called Victory celebration) and i noticed that in addition to the flute part, there is a bass playing along with it. its a really cool bass part and it think it would be cool to play along side a tin whistle or somthing. i did a search for a tab for it but couldnt find any. i was wondering if one of you would be so kind as to tab it? thanks!

2. pauljacksonfan

pauljacksonfan

Jun 14, 2005
    I could do it. But you have to send me the mp3 first since I don't have it. I'm going to sleep now, but if you're interested send the mp3 to carl.greder (at) bredband.net removing the bracketed part and replacing it with an @.

3. Red701

Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    wow thanks alot! ok ill try that. it should work but if not, if you have limewire i could direct link it to you. ill get to sending it right now

4. pauljacksonfan

pauljacksonfan

Jun 14, 2005
    Here it is. I've spent way too much time and way too little concentration on this one so there might be some errors. Consider this more as general harmonic guidelines than as a solid bass line that's written in stone. The recorded bass line seems quite ad-libbed anyways. If you just listen to it and simultaneously check out the tab you'll probably get it quite fast.

I've read somewhere that session vet Neil Stubenhaus played bass for the star wars sound track so that's probably him playing.

Attached Files:

5. Red701

Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    sweet. thanks alot bud. ill try it out