Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Awesome Citreon C4 commercial!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tekhna, Feb 26, 2005.

1. I break my silence. This looks like the dancing robot one. I can play that funky little slap groove....stumbled on it one day. I love that advert.

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I dunno that's pretty dumb IMO, and that funky little slap groove is pretty simple yet effective. Best Car commercial was the one for saturn with the people running around as if they were driving and they said somethign like saturn: we think about the people driving our cars or something of the likes.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I think this might've been posted before, but maybe not here, I frequent too many online forums :p.
    It's a unique commercial, and makes it effective. The bass line's OK, simple & effective.
    There's definitly better commercials though...

Ray

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    had me at the arms rolls... :D

5. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    So, what bass was used for that slap-hand line?

6. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
  7. the track is "Jacques your body" by Les Rhythmes Digitales, and I think Stuart Price aka. Jacques Lu Cont/Zoot Woman/Thin white duke etc. played it himself- he used a Fender Mustang live with LRD, and a Rickenbacker 4001 or 4003 with Zoot Woman.

8. The bass part on that add is [to me] ultra simple. The commercial, . . . . .. .it's okay.

Now, the Golf commercial is pretty memorable! ;)