1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Awesome deal - but no cash!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BillMason, May 22, 2012.

1. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Ugh... There's an awesome looking blonde Classic 50s P bass for sale locally for only $400 with a hard shell case, and I have zero scratch available... I'd've been all over this like white on rice two years ago. Anyone ever have this happen to them? :-D

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Man,
    I'm not only with you:
    think I have to resell a newbought bass (not even arrived yet)
    to pay for baby asylum rent, just because my wife hates my parents (for they're near, while her live far away) and doesn't want'em to spend time with my son while we're at work!!!

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Isn't the 11th commandment: If thou have no cash thou shalt not visit craigslist? No pity for sinners from Joe Nerve.

4. shackled

shackled

Jun 25, 2009
    Western NY
    It is truly painful. :meh:

5. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Too bad!! Family spending time with your kids is a blessing. I'm a fulltime single dad, with a career, and the few times my parents watched my kids have been real booms for sure! Kids learn who they are that way.

6. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    It's sooo hard though!!

7. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    If thou have no cash thou shalt not visit craigslist

So let it be written, so let it be done. The 11th Commandment.

8. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Great, now I want to play "Creeping Death."

9. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY!
    \
    513DXsfJfZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

10. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    100_1252.gif

Sorry Bill. I just couldn't resist. :D But seriously, if there's any way you could swing it, you really should snag it at that price. (Assuming, of course, that there's nothing wrong with it.) I love mine. Awesome tone!

11. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Man, suuuuucks. That's a really good bass, imo. I use mine for everything. Jazz, punk, rock, blues, country, you name it. And the honey blond? Forget about it. I'm complimented on her looks every time I take her out to play. Sorry, brother. I'd help ya if I could. :)

Cheers

12. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    I feel your pain..constantly..like right now as I checked CL two minutes ago to find a Mark Hoppus sig for $200,but can't even think about it until bills are paid(today)and next week when I have a little 'mad cash' it'll be loooong gone..