Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Awesome Gig last night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Oct 9, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    so, last night was my bands' first real gig. I'm in 2 different bands (completely different styles) and both played last night. The first band was a rock/funk/experimental band, and the second was a punk band. I really like playing with the first band much better, as they are much more talented.

We had a really great time. The turnout could have been a bit better, but the three bands that were there made $95 all together. There was a lot of energy in that place and I just wanted to say what a good time it was. The crowd was lovin' the bass!

The only problem was my tone was a bit off for some reason. I really need a better amp. :scowl:

Anyone else have any killer gigs recently?

2. Not lately, but it was my first gig. Me and a mate (guitarist who can keep impeccable timing, great rythym guitarist) played at 'Jammin' for Jugs' you play 3 songs then get free booze!!

We did Dennis Leary's '*******' then 'Cow's with guns' then Sweet Child O' Mine (with my lame bass solo :p). Crowd loved it, we were the only group/artist out of 15 to get a real cheer at the end, I loved it so much. Oh wait, I forgot this group at the end that was made up of 3 guys who played earlier in the night, Acoustic guitar, drums and Harmonica, those guys went nuts on Mustang Sally and then did their own bluesy jam, those guys kicked some serious bootah!