1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Awesome new Joe Zawinul album - 'Brown Street'

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Nov 16, 2006.

1. I just got this on a rip from a promo CD - Vctor Bailey on bass and Zawinul playing with the amazing NDR Big Band live at Birdland - JZ's club in Vienna. It's just slamming all the way - I think it's shot into the top three of my jazz albums of the year - if you love Weather Report this is one of THE best albums of their music since they split. Vince Mendoza has arranged the horns based on exact transcriptions of the original tunes - and it's truly smoking throughout.

http://www.zawinulmusic.com/news/index.htm

PS anyone in London next March will be able to catch him and the Syndicate for three nights at Jazz Cafe - yes!

Mike

2. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Thanks for the heads up Mike! If it's anything like the Brecker Brother/WDR collaboration, it should be great. I'm a huge Victor Bailey fan.:bassist: