1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

awesome practice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcollin, Mar 31, 2006.

1. pcollin

pcollin

Dec 22, 2005
    Portland, Maine
    Ever have one of those "magic moments" either on stage or at practice when everybody is right on the money? We had one last night that gave me the chills. The energy was right, the songs were the best we ever played them and the vocals were perfect. We went through our entire set list and then played a couple songs twice. We didn't want to stop. At one point we all looked at each other like "are you hearing this?" Man, I wish I could bottle that! Of course we had no way to record ourselves.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Those moments are the reason why I play music. Sadly, those moments are very rare in my current band :-/

3. That is one of the reasons my project band records everything!

Ok, now for the downside... I have had jams, practices, gigs where I thought we rocked! Then I go to our guitar player and say, "Man, we were on!" and he says, "I didn't really feel that way..."

AND if have been on the other side of that coin where I felt like the session was mild at best and another band mate would be completely jazzed about it.

It is weird how people can perceive the same event so differently sometimes.

Good deal for you! I hope all your jams are golden!

4. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Glen Cove, NY
    Had that this morning in my jazz ensemble. We were KILLIN'. But the director never points out any good points in anything, always poking holes and never praise us if we nail a tune. So she can be kind of a downer, but it doesn't matter, we killed.