Awesome Show!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, May 20, 2001.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I just got back from The Stryper Expo. It was a great show... everyone was wild. The only oddity to me was that all the bands but two were super hardcore.... I am not generally used to that level of screaming and stuff... cool... but intense... The other two bands were a rap band and Stryper themselves... They played hard and fast too... it was amazing to watch their stuff live. Robert Sweet knocked over two of his cymbols off his riser. That man pounds like a maniac!It was a short set... less than 90min... but they had a lot of bands... I am stoked... okay, now time for sleep.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    (enter yoda)

music related, this thread is. off to miscellaneous it must go.

(exit yoda)
  3. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Wait...waitt!!!! Yoda? Is the schwartz more powerful than the force? Yogart says he can kick your butt!!! :D

The bands om Friday were:

Solid Mind - didn't see em

Laudamus - didn't see em

Ultimatum - didn't see em

Irene Kelly - Pretty good. She is a acoustic softrock/folk crooner and I enjoyed it. My wifey wanted to buy her cd but the line was a bit crazy when we went in there.

Sin Dizzy - This is Oz Foxes new band. It was cool, but could have been much better. I like his style of rock a lot, but a) I think his soundmen must have been pissed off at him and b) (I hate to say it) turn down the bassist. All though he was awesome and a real cool guy that I met afterwards, he completely overpowered both guitars.

Micheal Sweet - much, much more clean sounding and balanced than sin dizzy, at times you could almost be fooled that it was a studio recording. It was rockin great. Of course one thing about Micheal when he plays his solo act, it is hard for him not to sound stryperish. He has a very distinctive voice. He played a bunch of his own stuff and several stryper songs as well.

The bands that played Saturday were (in order):

Priesthood - was fun... But I am not too much into rap. They has talent though. :)

Joshua - was great fun to watch, their music was closer to my taste than much of the concert, the hard rockin' guitars and stuff were there. But the vocalist did sing more and scream a bit less. (I like the screaming, but with a higher blend of singing)

Oil - was good. The audience really dug these
    guys. They may be well known in that area.

EastWest - East West worked the hardest. I have never, ever, ever seen a band move so much. I am sure that they had to buy new shoes that night. Although the bassist fit the music, I didn't like it as much as some of the others. It seemed felt more than heard and the bassist would play anything you liked, as long as you liked the e string.

Disciple - Disciple was another heavy screaming band. Very good talent, and extremely interactive with the audience. Everyone loved these guys.

Stryper - Stryper sounded amazing live. It was fast, hard and everyone was going nuts. I have been waiting for 14 years to see these guys. It was worth it. Only a couple of weird things. Micheal Sweet could not remember the lyrics to one song. He actually got Oz to chat with the audience while he jammed off the stage for a sec to grab the lyrics to "You won't be lonely". He sang that one with the paper in his hand. Then he messed up the begining of "Comon Rock" and they started that one over. He kinda laughed it off and played with the audience a bit, the audience ate it up and rocked on with them. Other than that they put on a great show.