1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Awesome Stuff at Rondo!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sargebaker, Jun 5, 2007.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    http://www.rondomusic.net/newitems.html
    Most notably a fretless guitar!!!!!!! They also have some 7 strings. The sweet looking sonic blue tele and gypsy style guitar (i think that has been there for a bit now) are tempting me REALLY badly... The spalted fretless 6 is nice too! Theres a random Gibson Jumbo for 2k+ to boot! I'm hoping they'll make available a cheap jumbo purely acoustic guitar soon!

I gotta say I'm suprised (and VERY pleased) to see the fretless guitar!

2. Why on earth would you be pleased to see a fretless guitar??? What a bad idea... I mean for single notes it might be alright, but can you imagine chords?

Bleh :spit: :scowl:

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I saw a vid of Stevie Vai playing a three-necked guitar.. it was a 12 string on top, 6 string fretted in the iddle and a 6-string fretless on the bottom..

yeah the fretless one he used for doing glis slides and some crazy sounds.. but no chording, really

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm surprised to see that they have instruments that are in the $700 range. I'm more interested in their less expensive stuff <$200. Some great looking toys though.

5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
  6. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    I saw a guy on a PBS program playing a fretless guitar. He was tapping out chords and melodies. Freaking ridiculous.

7. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    interceptorpro25blueflame1.jpg

mmmmmm.......

8. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
  9. al2500albino1.jpg

purty!

10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Check out some Ned Evett or jkust google fretless guitar to find soem stuff... Good times to be had with fretless guitar! I play mine more than I play my fretless bass!:help:

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021