Awesome uke music...if you guys care bout nethin besides bass...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jon223, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Wow,pretty cool stuff!

Anyone know what a Uke is tuned too?
  2. GCEA usually. Or ADF#B. The bottom string is an octave above what youd expect.
    If youve got a guitar you can capo the 5th fret and get a pretty close sound w/o playing the bottom 2 strings. But the G will be octave low.
    theres plenty of other sites for uke too.

PM me if you want suggestions for beginners ukes
    excellent ones can be had for 50-150 dollars. The ukulele equivalents of foderas and kubickis can be bought for only 500-1000 dollars. Strings are 3-8 dollars a set.
    If youre looking for an inexpensive instrument to fill your needs in the high end, uke is AWESOME.
    The best second instrument a bassist could have.
    IMHO that is :D.
  3. I wanna get a Baritone Uke(Via Musican's Friend) Is that tuned one octave lower then normal Uke's?
  4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I really liked Paul McCartney's version of "Something" on The Concert for George DVD. He played it with a uke.
  5. yeah, paul,george and john all played uke.
    So did hendrix, elvis, and lots of other big time players.
    On the Beatles Anthology DVD theres lots of footage of them playing. actually has the chords and music and lyrics to tons of Beatles songs, all for uke. really good site.
  6. my favourite uke song is tiptoe through the tulips by tiny tim. a great song. definitely deserves a listen B+).

on a related note, i found a uke last year for $35 canadian with a gig bag and couldn't turn it down. i tuned it to A, and came back a week later. the bridge had ripped right off the front. i did know what i was getting for $35, so i'm not heartbroken. i'll probably just glue the sucker back on anyway.....

The moral of the story is you get what you pay for, but some things are too cheap to pass up.