Awkwardly worded reviews

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Jan 17, 2003.

1. I laughed my ass off when I read this - not at the fact that Mustaine was injured but how the reviewer described the injury:

"Dave Mustaine, the group's leader, guitar player, and lead vocalist, had as [sic] serious accident that caused nerve damage in his arm. You guessed it, the one he plays with."

Anyone come across any others?
  2. There goes that Journalism degree.....if they ever had one....
  3. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    One of my favorites, which I have seen repeatedly over the years:

Reviewers and music critics who point out that ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard is the only member of the band who doesn HAVE a beard...

You know it's those subtle nuances, those educated insights, that really separate the critics from the rest of us... :rolleyes:

4. Whenever Rolling Stone or Spin or whatever rag, writes about girl rock groups; They always say stuff like "Don't take these girls lightly! They'll kick your ass!"

Just once, I'd like to actually see that, and get the jerk on camera crying for his mommy.

I really don't like condescending music journalists....yeah...that's pretty much all of them.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

..."Sticky Fingers" by the Rolling Stones.

He rips on every song, from front to back. And then closes by saying; "this record is best when played loud, and often!"