Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aww man!!! Tell me im right and the paper is wrong..

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassist4ever, Jun 20, 2002.

1. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    I ain't seein nothin....

2. you all will have to copy and paste... for some reason angelfire doesnt allow direct linking.....

so just c/p the thing ina new browser window and you can see it..

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    it might help if you told us what about it was confusing...

4. Here ya go.

[​IMG]

other than a few typos, everything looks correct.

5. The only source of confusion maybe... It seems to imply that by adjusting the truss rod and looking down it, you'll see instant results. When we all know that it takes about a day for the "true" result to show.

Maybe?? oh and the typo on the sheet Leose=Loose.

:D:D

Merls

6. what was confusing is that i thought to get the "hump" in your neckyou had to tighten the neck and to get the dip in it you had to loosen!!!!
    would not loosening the rodlet the the strings pull it the neck towards the bridge?????

arrghh.. damn confusing basses!

7. do you speak english too, by any chance ?

" I aint seen nothin " ... ...

" Aint " is short for " is not "
    i'll take it that " nothin " means " nothing "

so you say " I is not seen nothing " ??

both " not " and " nothing " are words of denial..
    double denial cancels out.

so... basicly what you are saying is " I is seen everything "

*** ? :confused:

8. I found this site that might help explain how the truss rod works. It gives a better explaination than I can, so I edited my reply and cut it out. Just check out the site. ;)

Truss Rod

9. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Colloquially, apparently better than you. But that's what happens when you learn a language out of a book. ;)

Moving along...:rolleyes:

If you look at the diagram below, it says to tighten if bowed and loosen if humped, which gibes. On the other diagram, where it says to "Tighten for bow/Loosen for hump," what they're trying to say is "Tighten if you see that it is bowed/Loosen if you see it's all humpy and stuff."

Kinda confusing, but correct.

10. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Its correct. What they mean by "hump" is commonly refered to as "back-bow". Usually from a truss rod being too tight. So you would loosen (counter clockwise) the rod to (hopefully) relieve the "hump" and let the neck straighten and then "bow" slightly for relief. Be careful because your strings are going to go flat and when you tune up again its going to increase tension and create more "bow" in the neck where you may have to tighten (clockwise) the rod back up a bit to compensate.

11. You wish !

but, hey i aint livin' in no america ( * phew * ), so i don't haf to speak american correctly, BOY

;)

12. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    ADX,
    Proper American is " I ain't seen nothin, nohow." or "I ain't never seen nothin ..."

That makes it a triple negative therfore grammatically correct.;)

If you'd really like to mangle the English language Yous guys should come to Philadelphia some time.

13. thanks for clearning that up dude... so i was right afterall!!! *grins*(i think i was anyways. my own little mind, my own little world)