Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Awww Yeah, Baby!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GSPLBASSDC, Mar 15, 2005.

1. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Woo Hoooooo!!!

After reviewing sooooooo many positive threads on the Boss VF-1 multi-effects unit here on TB, I am now the proud owner of a barely used (3 times) unit from eBay!! :D :hyper: :D :hyper:

Any of you happy owners out there feel free to provide input on settings, pointers, tips, yada, yada, yada

I primarily play gospel, jazz, funk, r&b and audiences up to 250 people.

Thanks!

2. congrats

3. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    <tapping> ...is this thing on??

4. It's a very cool unit. Be sure to reallyreally read the manual, so you discover all the ins and outs of it. Also be sure to try all the different categories of effects, from guitar, bass, vocal, drum, etc. Their voicings are all ideally tuned for whatever medium, but have interesting results for bass.

If you use a midi foot controller, you can solve the annoying problem of running your adaptor and Midi cable to the controller by getting a Midi Phantom Power cable through Rocktron...makes it real convenient.

Otherwise...contrats. I still miss mine from time to time.

5. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Does this thing have a means to bypass? Seems pretty cool, but if I were to use one in my effects loop I would need a a bypass mode.

6. From what I remember, there's no 'Bypass' per se. What I did was create an empty preset, with no effects whatsoever, no noise gate, no added gain, nada. Then I assigned that as the first preset in each bank of my pedal board...so whatever bank I was on, I could hit the first button and have an unaffected signal.

7. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Great idea! Thanks, Mo

8. No prob...hey, if you haven't picked your midi foot controller yet, I've got a Digital Music Corp. Ground Control that I'm looking to sell. It's in great condition (except for some paint chipping off the bottom where velcro was added/removed over time. It's got a large display (you can program names...not just see numbers like on the Midi Buddy), can control up to 8 different effects units, has inputs for two expression pedals, and is considered one of the best out there. Hey...Les uses one. If you're interested, send me a PM.

One just went on eBay for $149 + shipping, and another at $117 + $30 shipping. I'll do $130 shipped.

9. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'll be needing a foot controller so I'll keep that in mind! :hyper:

Besides getting the VF-1, I'm getting an Avatar B210 and B410, so I'll have to watch the funds for the next couple of weeks (y'know).

Keep me posted!