Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Awwwww

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Isn't it cute ?

[​IMG]

1x12", 35 pounds, 400 W. :)

2. 400w!!! that thing must be pretty loud considering its size

3. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Yeah, it looks good. But I have yet to know of anyone who has heard one.

4. 400w? you sure?

5. I wish you could get these in the US. That single space 800 watt amp head is the most amazing thing I've ever seen... nothing else like it on the market.

6. Jazz Ad

I've tried them all, except this one because it's brand new. :ninja:

7. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Hmmmmm... :meh: ...put the letter "u" in the right place, and we can call that thing "Eggs..." :D

400-watts? For real??? :rollno:

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    who is tombowlus?

ding, ding, ding!!!

no, but seriously, tommyboy has had their cabs. maybe he knows a little sumtin' sumtin'.

9. haven't played one, but saw some in a shop close by

10. They are supposed to be pretty darn good. My music teacher has one and he loves it. Finally something good in The Netherlands.. Too bad it is so expensive though.

11. the sadowsky tube amp is made by the dutch too :p

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    that would be perfect for all the NYC guys who have to use the subway and such

I quite fancy one myself looks cool and very awwwww babby amp :hyper:

13. jkdahlman

jkdahlman Ambitious But Rubbish

Jul 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    I believe they use the UcD400 amp from www.hypex.nl They used to be listed on the Hypex site as an OEM customer.
    You can order the parts to make your own from diycable.com
    My parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, woohoo! 400W in 1U.
    I've heard both the 180 & 400 and been very impressed.None of the less-than-solid low end I've heard from other class D amps. They seem to have solved the load problem a lot of class D amps have. I just want something lighter than my Bryston 4B. That thing gets heavier as the night goes on, proving my theory that music has measurable weight & it collects in the gear over time.
    John

14. Jazz Ad

This one isn't a class D amp. It's all solid state, A/B.
    Their heads use class D amps. Do you plan to build the 1 U preamp by yourself, too :) ?

15. jkdahlman

jkdahlman Ambitious But Rubbish

Jul 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Interesting that it's a plain SS amp. I've got a new pre on the bench burning in now. Tube & SS. It's 2U though.:)

16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    See, this is what I get for normally just searching under 'bowlus' for new threads, and not 'tombowlus.' :D

I have Ray Parker's old Hevos Midget, and let me tell you, that little cab kicks! Mine is 4 ohm, and paired up with a WWU, it gets phenomenally loud (I mean, rock-n-roll gig loud!), even on a 5-string. :bassist:

I would love to try more of their products. The Midget was 'reviewed' in my 1x10/1x8 shootout.

Tom.

17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    lol,

at least you dont show up in the "who is knuckohead" searches... :rolleyes: :D :p