1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AX3000B availability?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sse1990, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sse1990

sse1990

Mar 12, 2009
    Sudbury, Ontario
    After much searching and reading on this forum I decided on getting a Korg AX3000B for my first pedal. I never found the need for one but a multi-effects seems to be the way to go. I started looking at places online and no-one carries them or has them in stock. Some sites are listing that is it discontinued from the manufacturer. I was hoping to find a place in Canada, but to find a place period seems to be getting difficult. I know they are going for about 200$ US.

Are they really discontinued and if so is there another option that might be as good or better around the same price range?

I doubt I will need really good synth sounds, mostly the general effects is what I am after.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've notice there are online music stores that no longer carries the korg ax3000b. I bought mine from sweetwater. right now they only carry the korg ax5b(which is a portable version of the korg ax3000b). If you're unable to find it on online music stores, try either ebay or craig's list.

3. pity your not in oz,...

thinking of selling mine as have my band board so setup I don't need most my other gear,....

for stuff like reverb, delay, modulation etc its awesome... some of the dirt effects are kinda cool tho the wah wasn't as good as I thought...

only really wanted it for the octave fuzz but can't do anything about getting that out of it into a stompbox :( lol

4. sse1990

sse1990

Mar 12, 2009
    Sudbury, Ontario
    I stopped in a couple music stores today and no-one had any and they no longer had the listing for the AX3000B. I did find a Zoom B2.1u for 100$. I almost jumped on it and I might do that tomorrow. I mean 100$ and if I don't like it I can sell it. BUT one store I stopped at used to sell the AX3000B and said they did get a few back with weird issues. He did recommend the Boss me50B though.

5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've tried out the boss me-50b. it's actually not too shabby. you get a decent variety of effects with it. it's got some great sounding distortions and it's got some decent modulation effects. if you're thinking of getting a boss me-50b, go for it.

6. sse1990

sse1990

Mar 12, 2009
    Sudbury, Ontario
    I think, not positive, but it is possible that the place that had the zoom pedal also had a Boss GT-10B. I am going by again tomorrow to check it out.

7. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i think its discontinued. its a phenominal unit, too.

i still swear that all the types of modulation each rival $200+ units. the envelope filter is the closest i've ever heard to a real mutron. the reverbs and delays are great. the programmability and versatility is endless.

i have no idea why this unit was never popular around here.

8. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
  9. sse1990

sse1990

Mar 12, 2009
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Well stopped by one of the stores again today. He had the Zoom I seen yesterday and a brand new Boss ME-20b. It was about 250$ CAD so I figured why not. No shipping or duties to worry about and if I had an issue I can go see them. Plus it supports the local economy. This way I can try it out and see if I even like having an effects pedal or not, AND it's not zoom.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020