Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

axcelerator

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FRANKB, Feb 6, 2003.

1. FRANKB

FRANKB

Jan 24, 2003
    new york
    anyone have any experience with peavey axcelerator 4 string? it is in great condition and made in usa! how does it compare with mij fender,ibanez,washburn?

2. This is an old post . ..wish I'd seen it sooner to help you. I've had my axcelerator for 4 years. and is the very best $330 I ever spent on a bass. And yes, I'll buy another soon. I'd like to get a 5 string. I do hope you got it. Only 2 things I don't like about it . one is the batty cavity is cramped. and not a tilt out but a cover and 2 screws. the other is the high low split blend knobs. when giggiing it is too hard to adjust them while playing. minor complaint really. Just adust before the sooong starts. but little thing that just irks me. But the neck is a dream to use and sustains for hours. Great paint, tuners and overall workmanship. the poplar body gives it a jazzy sound and is light weight. For the money wow. I did well. just love it. I feel it is comparable to the cost of a fender jazz for 1300. but with a better neck thats for sure. If you got one let me know. If you're still looking I'll help out wwith the questions if you got any.