1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Axl Rose - what a nut job!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAmTheDood, Feb 22, 2008.

1. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    a new "unofficial" autobiography of Axle Rose is being released .. a local radio station here interviewed the author of it ..

man Axl Rose is such a nutcase!

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Nut case is in complete moron? I agree. Never been able to respect the guy after I watched the riot he caused at one of his shows. If you want to watch it, there are three parts on YouTube, they should be easy enough to find.

Sorry but Axl Rose is a complete ass, so much so that I refuse to listen to his music now.

3. Revolver just had a long article about him... Sometimes the best music comes from the most disturbed minds...

4. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I liked his stuff better when he was a complete total nutcase. When he takes his lithium his songwriting isn't as good.

However, I think a lot of it is an act. The words he uses in his song, his piano playing, his religious undertones in some of the later videos... doesn't fit with a kid who mostly grew up on the streets with a broken family. How do you learn to play piano on the streets?

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Isn't he the guy who literally killed a platinum selling band just cause he felt like it? I bet Slash wants to kick his arse something proper!

6. He does seem a bit of a jack-ass. Quite glad i never liked any of his stuff :)

7. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    An egocentric, abrasive frontman?

Say it isn't so!

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I was listening to that interview as well.

Axl is off his rocker, and lost any respect I ever had for him.

Damned lunatic can't release a simple album, cuz he's waaaay too anal-retentive about his garbage.

He's like the Crispin Glover of rock. He and Britney Spears would make an ideal couple.

9. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Why didn't Shannon Hoon take him along for the ride?

10. IAmTheDood

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI

lol ..

about a month ago i watched something on one of the history channels about the death of Kurt Cobain.

the funny thing was, Axle was one of the primary "I knew him and take my life as an example" interviewees .. like he was best buds with the guy. Never knew how much Nirvana and Kirk Cobain hated him .. haha :)

11. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    don't mean to nitpick..

its kurt.

12. Tru dat. It's also "Axl".

13. IAmTheDood

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    woops :)

i knew that too .. lol.

14. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    I was in a band recently had a nut job like Axl for a front man. He concieved and wrote much of the material we did. Notice I'm refering to this in the past tense as he drove us out of biz. BUT, when we were on? We roared. All involved admit it was the best thing anyone had ever heard, and we all have some fair amount of years behind us! The best minds in music seem to have a demon to pay for their talent, Mine's fairly benevolent, It's not destructive as such, it simply kept me from advancing myself through the years. His was bad. Price can be daunting. Hope he makes it. Hope yours is easy on ya.

15. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    IIRC, he didn't learn piano when he was young, it was around Use Your Illusions that Elton John taught him.

16. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Holy crap!

17. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    That idiot is the reason that, what could have been, one of the greatest bands of all time is dead & buried. Screw him !!

18. ahkiatt

ahkiatt

Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    He learnt a lot of piano when he was still living with his family, and his family was very religious. But still, he's a nutjob.

19. Odds are that we'll see actual democracy in China before we ever see "Chinese Democracy".

20. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    funny to me is that when they released their first album i saw them opening for the cult and my first thought was "great band, terrible singer"