Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AXL Tiger PRO???????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TomLeggate, Mar 23, 2004.

1. TomLeggate

TomLeggate

Feb 21, 2004
    Hey this is my first post!!! :)

I bought an AXL tiger Pro last summer from a music shop in Glasgow (Scotland) for £230. I bought it because it was the cheapest 6 stringer I have seen and I was looking for something different, I usually play 4 strings. I have hunted on the web for information about it but I can't find anything about it. The pictures of it can be seen at the link below.

http://strokes.no-ip.org/tom

All I know is that AXL aren't a great brand but I don't know anything more. The guy in the shop said that they made guitars for other brands to put their names on them but I don't think he really knew anything about it at all.

My other basses are
    2000 MIM Precision Deluxe Special,
    1996 MIJ Precision (in the process of having 2 american J pickups added),
    1995 Tanglewood Nevada, (My first bass which I loaned to a friend 18 months ago and I haven't heard from since!) :meh:
    and a Westfield bass (4 string) that I "aquired" from my school when I left. It is in the slow process of being converted to fretless.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I believe that AXL basses are made by the same company that makes Johnson stuff.