Azola Bug Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by 59jazz, Oct 20, 2004.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Well I have been doing my research on building my first EUB (I've been building Fender clones for years) And as much as I 'd like to build one..............I'm kind of coveting Tornadobass' Bug Bass. A little financial arranging plus selling my Jack bass, I may be able to swing one. Any Ideas on what a decent used Bug would go for? :meh:

Thanks, H2
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I've been watching them on Ebay lately, and they seem to go for around $1500 on average. A nice floating-top Bug just sold for $1300 this week, and I've seen package deals with the Bug and accessories go as high as $1600. Got my Bug II used from a fellow TB/Pitter for a little over $1400.

If you really want one, be prepared to jump when you find one...they don't come on the used market that often.
  3. Steve Ma

Steve Ma

Dec 30, 2002
    Salinas, CA
    Purchased a used Bug Bass about three years ago for $1,200. Sold it a while back to buy a 3/4 size double bass.
  4. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Thanks, Mike and Steve! Sounds about right. I was guessing a little too low.

5. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    I have played Tornadobass's Bug Bass (briefly) and heard it several times live. It is a good sounding bass. The action is really good too. You should check out his CD. I'm pretty sure he used the Bug Bass exclusivly on the album.

The other guys above have the cost about right. I watched the market for about six months hoping to "steal" one for $1000, to no avail. I finally bought an Ergo instead, a couple of weeks ago.