Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Azola Bugbass or NS CR4?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Yamarc, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I am jumping into the worl of EUBs. I am a BG player and have never really played upright. Trying to figure out which of these basses is best for me. I will be playing a little of everything, jam funk, latin, folk, etc. LEt me know which you chose and why. pros and cons. Thanks, Marc

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    The Bugbass has a very natural DB feel and sound, great fingerboard, it's very well made, and comes with some of the best tech support in the business, in the form of the Azola family. Looks nice, too. Get the floating top.
    Now my friend Bruce will jump in and tell you about the NS, which is also very cool, just different. Buy 'em both.

3. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    While the NS is a gorgeous, well-made instrument, to me it doesn't sound or feel anything like a DB. I think the Azolas come much closer there- particularly the floating top models.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Nah..I'm getting tired of this now! ;)

I would say - do search or just browse through the DB - Basses section and there are lots of threads where the pros and cons of NS basses have been outlined at length.

I will say that where you live is a big factor - I've never seen a an Azola bass in the UK - despite extensive searches and I don't really like the idea of mail oder/importing to Europe - especially without trying one first!