Béla Fleck and the Flecktones

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by kingskid, Sep 22, 2000.

1. Just got the Outbound CD by Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. Well I might be late, but I thing this CD is really happening. Victor Wooten really has it going on.Loved the groove on "Hoe Down". I think this recording is definitely going on my top ten list.
  2. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Is that cd real good? I don't have any Bela Fleck and the flecktones, but I've heard of their stuff and it's pretty awesome. I love it. I guess I might have to go out and maybe pick up their stuff. I haven't bought a cd in a while anyway. If I can get some money I'll pick up their cd.

3. SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    IMO the old stuff is better........
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I think the group took a hard blow when Howard Levy left the band. They never fully recovered after that. "Three flew over the cuckoo's nest" is still pretty good, but "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" is, in my opinion, the quintessential BF & F recording.

Will C.:cool:
  5. Well honestly I had never listened to anything by the Flecktones before this, that's why I found it so great. Maybe I'll go pick up some of the old stuff because it's got to be fantastic then. :)
  6. IMHO, "Live Art" was their best. It captured both the energy and excitement of their live performances, and includes some of the best tunes from their studio albums.
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...something I just read over @www.nancies.org

Future Man has been indicted on tax evasion charges(since '95)...is this a fact?!
    If so, the 'future' ain't lookin' so bright(massive fine + 20 years).
  8. I like Live Art too--it's the only reason I agreed to my band's suggested name.

The last couple of albums (Left of Cool, Outbound) are pretty cool, but I prefer when they had fewer vocals. I just like listening to them jam. And I agree that Howard Levy was a really important part of that band.
  9. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    This is the only recording of theirs that I have. I recommend it highly for any bass player! Victor's tone is incredible on it, and his chops are amazing!:D
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, honestly, i like wooten's work with the flecktones better than his solo stuff....just me