1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

B-2 prototype Barker for sale

Discussion in 'Barker Bass Forum' started by GW in Ohio, Apr 7, 2009.

1. I bought this B-2 prototype two years ago when Lee Barker put four of them up for sale on eBay. It has been very lightly played in the two years I've had it and is in mint condition.

It is a 4-string fretted Barker with the standard metal stand. Gig bags for the bass and the stand are included.

I'm selling it because I don't play bass any more.

Price: $900.00 (price includes shipping).

Photos are included (below). For more information, please contact me: pinsabel@cscc.edu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

lovely photos, and a beautiful bass! wow!! regards, ron

3. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell this Barker. I'll let the offer set here on the Barker forum for about 30 days or so. If I don't get any nibbles, I'll try eBay.

E-mail me if you've got any questions.......

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Man!! If I wasn't saving up for a new amp at the moment!!!!!

5. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Labor of evident value satisfies the soul. Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    The guy that got his thumbprints all over this in its genesis feels compelled to add that there were only 8 of these made and three are within the central Barker family. It's a true limited edition but we've never bragged about them in that way. They're just nice playing instruments that helped us get a few ideas standardized for the Brio, which followed directly.

GW's price makes this an attractive opportunity!

6. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    Aside from some minor headstock details, it appears to be a carbon copy of mine :bassist:

7. Price reduced to $800.00. (Price includes shipping.)

If no offers or indications of interest by the 1st week in May, I'll put this Barker prototype up for sale on eBay.

I can be contacted at: pinsabel@cscc.edu

8. Lee Barker

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    Such a deal...do we really want this to go to the Hoi Poloi on ebay?

9. Update: This 4-string fretted Barker prototype bass is still available. The price is still $800.00. (Price includes shipping to the continental United States.)

I haven't shopped it on eBay; I think I'll just keep it for sale here, among the Barker cognoscenti, for the forseeable future.

So if you know any bass players who might be interested, send 'em over.

10. This bass has been sold, to Ryan in Modesto, California. He inidcated he was delighted with the B-2 proto upon receiving it.

I'll let him provide his impressions of the bass when he visits this forum.

As for me, I'm deep into the whole folkie thing from the '60s. Wish me luck...I'll prob'ly need it.

11. Lee Barker

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    Yet another blonde has gone to California...

John McCutcheon calls that era "The Great Folk Scare of the '60s." I think you'll enjoy it for a long time. One of its characteristics that I wish had lived on was the interntional flavor. Most of the groups of the time made an effort to learn songs from other nations and other cultures, and we have a lot to learn from that.

Several years ago when I saw the Kingston Trio and the Limeliters in a tandem concert, Bob Shane allowed as how none of the members had ever been to Jamaica and their first hit, Tom Dooley, won a grammy but there wasn't yet a folk category so it landed in "country."

Now to go find my Gant shirt with the button down collar and the long short sleeves...