B.B. King’s guitar “Lucille” going up for auction

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OldDog52, Jul 23, 2019.

1. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    This thread reminds me of an article I read many years ago about he legitimacy of the plethora of white strats being claimed as having belonged to Jimi Hendrix. In the article they explained that after Jimi became well known, every time he'd pass through NYC he's go by Manny's Music and buy a dozen (or more) white strats, play one for a show or two and give it away. The article opined that there were a ton of white Hendrix strats floating around so it would be near impossible to verify any of them as legit, and that because there were so many their value as collectors pieces was marginal.

2. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    :thumbsup::D

Winslow likes this.
  3. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    My ex and I, years ago, were backstage at a BB King concert. My ex, not watching where she was going, knocked Lucille off the guitar stand. I caught it, put it back on the stand. I was a bit freaked out - Lucille!!!. However, IIRC, there was a second Lucille backstage. Who knows, there may have been more in cases.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021