Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

B. B. King Live!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jason Carota, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Thanks to my guitarist, I had the honor of seeing B. B. King live for the first time....five minutes from my house!

What an unbelievable show. The band was really tight, and Mr. King...he was smokin! He sings and plays with so much soul that it was instantly projected to everyone in the audience.

Reggie Richards (on bass) was solid. His lines were tight and his solo was excellent. The trumpet player (didn't catch his name) floored me with each solo he took.

Any other TB'ers from the area catch this show?

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

But his singing that really gets you. I mean he's recognized for guitar, and rightly so, but his singing really makes the songs. The guitar playing is just frosting on the cake.

3. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    If it's the same mountain-sized dude he's had for a long time, I agree! That cat is one high-energy, head shakin' sweat drippin monster!

If you ever get the chance to see trombonist fred wesley, he's the real deal too!

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Yup, he's the one! B.B. said he has been with him for 24 years.

5. I mixed FOH for BB on a short tour last year in eastern Canada. Class act all the way. In addition to putting off great shows, he was a real gentleman. Smokin' band too!

6. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    My drummer said he was going to that show at Lowell Memorial Aud. I haven't gotten the review yet, though. He's been to the past 3 shows that BB has put on in Lowell.

Chris A.:rolleyes: