B-Band statement .... bass pickup ..??

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by StigHval, Aug 21, 2001.

1. StigHval

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi ...

Anyone out there with knowledge/experience about the B-Band Statement system for urb....

2. pat.p

Nov 20, 2004
    Poland, Poznań
    Hi.It looks flexible (mixer-DI- pre) and they said, it had very strong signal. I've heard it (directly to PA) and had impression of big sound with bottom, but not muddy. (It was duo playing Martin and Susan Weinert).
    Pat :cool:
  3. Dennis Kong

Dennis Kong Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2004
    San Mateo CA
    Use B-Band for both of my basses.
    The pu's are more neutral sounding than most others like the Underwood & NS Gage for me.
    And louder (with the preamp) And feed back less for me.
    That 's why I switched to them. (Am using A Mesa Walkabout
    & EA V110 or EA V208 cab).

My King bass with Golden Spirals and the Juzek with Vikes
    both sound like "them selves" with the BB. When I used
    the Underwood & NS Gage- the basses sounded more those
    character of the pickups rather than the personality of the bass.

There's review in Bass Player about them too. Don't remember
    which issue tho'.
  4. pat.p

Nov 20, 2004
    Poland, Poznań
    Thanks for the information.
    I am going to change my pickup and have to make a choice between Schertler Stat-B and BBand. Kind of gambling... :confused: :eek: :confused:
    If someone have any idea, please, let me know (TBEERS, thank you again for your advice)
  5. johnclassick

Feb 27, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full disclosure: I'm endorsed by B-Band. However, I would say the following even if I wasn't. The B-Band is totally killer. It has the most natural sound of any bass pick up I've ever used. Every producer that hears it raves about it, too. It doesn't have the honky mid-range sound that so many upright pick ups have, and it has enough contact points so that you can actually pick up the complexity of the sound. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a mic on an upright, but for live playing, the b-band rocks.

6. Hi John, I have the B-Band D1 as well. I'm always tinkering with the mix setting. Sometimes I like it more toward the body pickup (around 3 o'clock) and sometimes more toward the bridge PU (around 1:00 or right in the middle). Have you arrived at a setting that works for you? I'm interested in hearing from other D1 users as well.

7. B-band makes great pickup for classical guitar, I have seen many of them installed in the shop i used to work for, they produce very clear and natural sound. I think their bass pickup is just as good.

8. Don Sibley

Don Sibley

Jun 27, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Any recordings of this thing in action?
  9. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    I have no experience with the B Band, but I can attest to the Stat B's great sound. I've been using one for 10 years now and am pleased with it. It is actually a mic, not a piezo. It has worked great for me on three basses.
  10. I had the b-band statement or D-1 (I can't remember which is which, there's one with a preamp in the jack and one with an outboard box- I had the jackpreamp version) for about 2 years or so, way back in the early 2000s. I was quite positive initially, coming from IIRC a Realist. But even if it wasn't a piezo, and didn't have these unnatural highs that piezos have, there was still some artificialness in the sound that I in the long run did not like- so I switched to a Dyn-B and later to the Ehrlund, as these do a better job IMO. Plus, the electret foil seemed a little flimsy and vulnerable to me.