1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

B-Band Statement vs. Schertler Stat-B

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by pat.p, Jul 26, 2005.

1. pat.p

pat.p

Nov 20, 2004
    Poland, Poznań
    Hello.
    I'm going to change my pickup. Although I like the sound of Realist I feel it a little bit to weak and muddy.
    A friend told me about B-Band Statement (three elements with preamp-blender-DI; this is not piezo transducer), I've also heard and read about Stat-B.
    What do you think about both of them? (I use Helicore hybrid strings and GK with Fishman B II)

Thanks for any advice
    Pat

http://www.b-band.com/stringed-instrument-systems/statement.php

2. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I bought the Schertler Stat-B and had a luthier install it on my bridge for $30. They say you can do it yourself, but it's a little bit tricky depending on the dimensions of your bridge. It is a fabulous sounding pickup, easy to install/remove (you just slide it in, or pop it out as the case may be). Most noticeably, the output level from a properly fit Stat-B is outrageously high. I find myself turning the master volume on my amp almost all the way down sometimes.

I know nothing about the B-Band statement but it sounds a bit complicated to me.

3. pat.p

pat.p

Nov 20, 2004
    Poland, Poznań
    Thank you for the reply. What kind of preamp do you have? (STAT-PRE or PRE A-II)
    Pat

4. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I went with the Stat-Pre. It sounds good! I guess if you put your bass through the PA a lot, the Pre-AII would be good, but other than that I don't see why it's needed.

Plus the Pre-AII plugs into an outlet, whereas the Stat-Pre has a 9V battery. I have been using the battery that came with the unit since April and it is still fine.

5. pat.p

pat.p

Nov 20, 2004
    Poland, Poznań
    So, I've made a choice and decided to buy Stat-B.
    Installed properly (by luthier) sounds great. Big, round sound, strong signal, much stronger than Realist.
    I've ordered it directly from Switzerland- they have professional customer service (Ornella Tela is a very nice person).
    Tbeers- thanks for the advice. :hyper: :bassist: :cool: