B.C. Rich Bass Information Request

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by McSquire, Jan 30, 2021.

1. McSquire

McSquire

Jan 30, 2021
    Hello.

I have this B.C. Rich bass model B2510. It has this sick paint job and everything. However, whenever I search this model number online, I do not see any results that look familiar to what I have here.

Does anyone know much about this model or B.C. Rich basses? I think I may be selling this one and want to know what I am putting out there before I do so.

It plays like a beast and weighs like one too. Everything works great on it and the tone is real punchy and deep. The sustain is incredible.

Thanks! Groove on! 20210130_151357.jpg 20210130_151357.jpg 20210130_151409.jpg

KaraQ and knumbskull like this.
  2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    Um that looks to be a Gunslinger bass...

B2510 is actually (probably a serial number) the B stands for "Bolt on" and unfortunately the neck plates were pre-stamped and pulled out of a box at random when it was time to install the neck onto the bass....so basically someone grabbed a plate out of the box and put it on in no particular, precise or documented order....so good luck trying to date that one...judging by the TM on the neck plate and the headstock shape it's probably (pretty sure) from the Class Axe era so...89' to 93' is "Probably" when this one was made...

sorry that's all the help I can be...

Price wise i have seen them range from $600.00 to 1,300....kinda all over the map

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    deff likes this.
  3. McSquire

McSquire

Jan 30, 2021

That is a lot of help actually. I wouldn't have known that before so thank you! Would "Class Axe" be the B.C. Rich style to do some research on for this bass then?

4. McSquire

McSquire

Jan 30, 2021
    Whoops! Totally looked passed the gunslinger part. Just did a google search and that looks to be the model!

deff likes this.
  5. Snakeman1066

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    no the Model or Style is "Gunslinger"

Class Axe is a company that took over production of B.C. Rich Guitars and basses from 1989 to 1993...

6. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    ST style bass, likely late 80's (87/88/89) not Class Axe, Class Axe era had a trade mark on the logo, guessing Dan Lawrence likely painted it

A few years ago likely $500-$600
    Covid has changed the market , your best bet is putting it on Reverb and pricing it a tad over a grand with make offer

Shizzean and PhatBottomBass1 like this.
  7. Snakeman1066

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    according to B.C. Rich's own history Class Axe was in control of all imports from 87 to 93 and even took over the custom shop around mid to late 89 until 93...that neck plate surely looks to be from the Class Axe Era as i heard form various sources the neck plates were three to 4 years ahead of production and just randomly placed on products as they were finished...

glad somebody with a little more knowledge popped in here...

8. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Another important thing to note is Class Axe never made any USA's as they didn't have a woodshop
    They did finish up some left over blanks and did resto's on a few golden era BCR's but produced no " new " guitars.
    And again every Class Axe era has the trademark symbol added to the BCR logo

9. What does the trademark look like? I have a reverse headstock "Made in USA" Platinum series Warlock that I always assumed was a late 80s/early 90s instrument.

BnB

10. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    The " TM" under the tuner, not there on non Class Axes Screenshot_20210202-114034.png

11. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Also there's no such thing as a made in USA platinum series , all platinum series were low end imports (some made of plywood) doesn't matter if the neck plate implies USA

bound'n'blocked likes this.
  12. Thanks. For some reason I thought mine said made in usa in it but it doesn't. However it also doesn't have the TM either.

Here's a pic...
    IMG_20210202_211200891.jpg

BnB

13. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Licensed by BCR is Class Axe, others had a ® , others had the TM

bound'n'blocked likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021