B.C. Rich basses = all looks, no bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGrowl, Aug 2, 2001.

1. BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    well personally my opinion on B.C. Riches are that theyre all looks, i dont think they are that great of basses, i wouldnt go and blow my money on the NJ Beast Bass, it does have pretty good tone and everything, but not good enough for 700-800 bucks. Ive played a warlock bass and the thing isnt all that good. Its all about the looks which personally i think is stupid and that tone and sound totally conquers looks.
  2. But the pointyness has to count for something, right?

In all seriousness, I have never been impressed with anything BC Rich has done, with sound or looks
  3. BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    the only good looking bass by BC was the NJ Beast which i think can be viewed on their website or in The Guitar Buyers Guide 2002 from Guitar World
  4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    My guitarist was once asked, "If you could have any guitar in the world, regardless of price or availability, what would you choose?" His reply was: A B.C. Rich Warlock. 'Nuff said.
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Same here. IMO BC Rich sucks.
  6. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Way back in the olden days, BC Rich made fantastic basses of tremendous quality. That was a long time ago. They deteriorated into, well....what you said. Very sad. Whats even sadder is that they are probably making more money now. BC Rich is not to blame, they only follow the market. But thats an even sadder comment on society.
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've played a few bc rich neck through basses that were really really nice. some of their electric guitars were also really incredible - a friend of mine has one of the original bc rico guitars, that thing is awesome.
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And the USA models are top notch stuff.

But they are hard to find, and cost big $$$.
  9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    a couple of years ago i found an old Bc Rich Bich (i think this is the name). it was on sale for 400$. i played the bass and it was really solid and good sounding. i remember the old 2+2 headstock, 2 precision style pickups a set neck. it was a really goos bass and i was interested in buying. it went sold before i hade the money. months after i bought my rick 4001
  10. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  11. You really need to play a USA B.C. Rich to get the feel of how they are supposed to be. It is a shame but they are not the only company to follow the trend of puttiong out a cheap version of thier quality product. The American basses I have tried were very nice.